Why become a member? ×

Spare Bass, Spare Amp or other

Guest BassAdder27

Ok folks I have a spare £500 approx burning a hole in my pocket after Christmas and I keep wondering what to buy 

1: Bass guitar as second guitar to my Pbass

2: Spare amp head but I have two already 

3: Better than my g30 wireless system

4: Other ?

I’ve looked at Sterling Sub Ray4 and G & L Tribute 2000 and Player series Jazz and of course a couple of Ampeg heads to use with my SVT212AV 

I don’t want to not use my Ashdown abm600 so an extra head would be a spare so possibly wasted purchase.

I really like my PBass Fender Player and it all works well in my rock covers band 

21 minutes ago, cetera said:

A basic but decent multi FX unit (compressor, chorus, overdrive, tuner etc and basic amp modelling) such as the Zoom B3 or B3N & a back up bass (Sire? Squier CV?)

Or a Line6 POD Go.

Another P bass or a J?

Something a bit different?

Sorted for amps & cabs says new bass to me. If in a gigging band whatever bass you get imo needs to either cover a tonal aspect the current one can’t (useful in a covers band) or if always keeping to the same sound be able to replicate it quickly in case of string breakage/electrics issue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BassAdder27 said:

Quite like that idea although no stock of the LB-100 showing anywhere I believe 

Try contacting Guitar Guitar directly - I got my Tribute LB-100 delivered on Hogmanay. I can't imagine they only ordered one in especially for me. They maybe simply haven't got around to listing them yet.