Why become a member? ×

A Wal of a sort ….

LukeFRC

This has to be, hands down, the biggest rip off I think I've ever seen. It's beyond chancing, beyond cluelessness, beyond performance art. Absolute chancing gits! Do they not think somebody looking for a Wal and having that sort of money to spend isn't going to know, within 10,000 paces, this is as much a Wal as I am a Peruvian Parrot named Pavel. Lawd above!!!

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, 40hz said:

This has to be, hands down, the biggest rip off I think I've ever seen. It's beyond chancing, beyond cluelessness, beyond performance art. Absolute chancing gits! Do they not think somebody looking for a Wal and having that sort of money to spend isn't going to know, within 10,000 paces, this is as much a Wal as I am a Peruvian Parrot named Pavel. Lawd above!!!

Hey - some performance art is ok

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rumple said:

I know nothing about Rickenbackers apart from you can't sell them on BC but nearly £22k for a 1991 CS model seems an insane price.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164548021929?hash=item264fd38ea9:g:jAkAAOSw21pfw~v-

That guy sells basses on the Facebook groups I think, seen a few MM copies. While they usually look very good for the money he has managed to make the Bongo even uglier with this one which is quite an achievement.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/01/2022 at 13:23, prowla said:

Oh - Essex Studios...

...no need to look further!

What's the deal with this Essex Studios?  I've seen a couple of things being sold by them now and didn't think the prices looked horrendous?  Are they to be avoided?

2 hours ago, Grreth said:

What's the deal with this Essex Studios?  I've seen a couple of things being sold by them now and didn't think the prices looked horrendous?  Are they to be avoided?

I’ve seen a bundle of things easily two or three or four times what they would go for here, Japanese stuff 2-3 times what it would cost total to import from ishibashi …. And I saw one item which was probably priced about right.

so do a bit of looking around …

On 07/02/2022 at 21:11, LukeFRC said:

I’ve seen a bundle of things easily two or three or four times what they would go for here, Japanese stuff 2-3 times what it would cost total to import from ishibashi …. And I saw one item which was probably priced about right.

so do a bit of looking around …

Ah, ok! I understand now.  I saw a medium scale Jackson bass on there that looked a bit over the top, tbh.

On 25/01/2022 at 11:37, lemmywinks said:

That guy sells basses on the Facebook groups I think, seen a few MM copies. While they usually look very good for the money he has managed to make the Bongo even uglier with this one which is quite an achievement.

Harsh but true :D