Why become a member? ×

Finch

jonnyc

Sorry to bring up this subject again but after a lot of detective work ive been unable to find any history of this fine bass.  Think it was purchased by Peter Tappern a band leader who passed away in 2017 but other than that?

I knew Jeff from a young lad untill he sadly passed away but lost touch during the years this bass would have been made which i guess would be early 90,s?

If anybody  recognises the bass or knows someone who might i will be extremly grateful

IMG_4025.jpg

IMG_4027.jpg

Its a Jeff Finch bass. I knew Jeff from the age of 12 unti he sadly died, but lost touch during the period when he was making and repairing guitars. He lived just down the road from me. I bought the bass for sentimental reasons. I wish he was still around to tell me about this instrument

• Like 1

On 13/01/2022 at 20:41, jonnyc said:

Its a Jeff Finch bass. I knew Jeff from the age of 12 unti he sadly died, but lost touch during the period when he was making and repairing guitars. He lived just down the road from me. I bought the bass for sentimental reasons. I wish he was still around to tell me about this instrument

Sorry, mate. I've only just noticed your PM and have replied.

👍

Looks very nice.  I’ve only ever played one of his basses, very briefly…but it was great.  I suspect those EMG’s aren’t original to the bass, as the exposed poles came a bit later?  Most UK small scale luthiers at the time tended to use Bartolini or Kent Armstrong pickups…or the original EMG.