Why become a member? ×

ON HOLD* TRACE ELLIOT GP7 SM 300 COMBO BASS AMP > For REPAIR / SPARES > £40 - *SOLD*
£40
Leicestershire

Bassfingers

Now sold -  Thanks for the interest.

*Video now added - just scroll down.... 

Up for sale, my Trace Elliot GP7 SM 300 combo amp. 

The amp has been stood idle for about a year as I no longer use it. I plugged it in recently to check before I sold it on and it sounds quiet. Then, after a couple of minutes the sound becomes distorted. As such, this is sold strictly for REPAIR or SPARES.

I took some advice from fellow Basschatters and it seems the most probable diagnosis is that it needs transistors replacing. May even just be a loose connection somewhere. 

I just don't have the technical know-how to approach this and it probably isn't worth paying professional tech money to fix it. However, it should appeal to someone with the requisite knowledge and kit as a fairly straightforward fixer upper. 

In all other respects the amp is in very good clean condition. Sounded great when it was firing on all cylinders and has only had home use. 

Collection only from just East of Leicester. You're welcome to come and have a look over before you buy. 

AMP 2.jpg

AMP 3.jpg

AMP 4.jpg

AMP 5.jpg

AMP 6.jpg

AMP 7.jpg

AMP 8.jpg

AMP t.jpg

Edited by Bassfingers

7 hours ago, TheGreek said:

Prospective buyers should contact Ashdown for a quote on the repair.

It's impossible to quote repairs without diagnosis. It could be a loose connection, likely minimal charge. It could need all the transistors replacing....

For the money he's asking you could tear the amp out and you've got a slightly heavy cab for 40 quid until the next time you're passing Ashdown HQ.

• Like 3

*BUMP! 

Plugged this in yesterday - no distortion just still  a little on the quiet side - A nice cheap & easy project for someone out there. :) 

I'm uploading a quick video to demonstrate the amp working - excuse the playing - I was holding the phone still with my foot at the time (as you do). 

• Bassfingers changed the title to *SOLD* TRACE ELLIOT GP7 SM 300 COMBO BASS AMP > For REPAIR / SPARES > £40