Why become a member? ×

New here

Simonafloat

Hi all, been playing the big guitar for over 30 years on the same squier jazz that i bought second hand on my 19th birthday... used to gig regularly but these days i just jam occasionally with some old bandmates. Never had lessons, switched to fingerstyle about 25 years ago, got stinky poo technique but it'll do! Hate showboat bass playing, for me its an ensemble instrument. I'm a carpenter and i'm going to be asking all sorts of questions about building my second bass guitar from a kit or from scratch..

cheers

• Like 1

:crigon_04:

Nice intro, Simon, good work. There are some great builders here  on BC, who are always willing to share their experience. As for one bass in 30 years, the Gear Acquisition Collective here will be doing its best to change that :D. Dive in and enjoy.

• Haha 1

On 10/01/2022 at 15:42, Simonafloat said:

Hi all, been playing the big guitar for over 30 years on the same squier jazz that i bought second hand on my 19th birthday... used to gig regularly but these days i just jam occasionally with some old bandmates. Never had lessons, switched to fingerstyle about 25 years ago, got stinky poo technique but it'll do! Hate showboat bass playing, for me its an ensemble instrument. I'm a carpenter and i'm going to be asking all sorts of questions about building my second bass guitar from a kit or from scratch..

cheers

Ok - so that’ll be a late 80s Japanese Squire? Those thing f***ing kill. The necks are great! I still have my first bass - a white 1986 (I think) Squire Jazz. Throw some fancy dan pickups in they’re unbeatable value.