Why become a member? ×

Can I use my Genz Benz Shuttle 9.2 head with a 200w 8ohm Cab (Home Use Only)

thebrig

Yes at home volumes no issues. What I would do as a routine though is before use turn the volume and - if it has this - input gain fully off to protect against unfortunate incidents such as the volume knob having been knocked all the way up. Last thing you want happening is switching on and hitting that first note to find amp is on max/cab surrendering.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

Yes at home volumes no issues. What I would do as a routine though is before use turn the volume and - if it has this - input gain fully off to protect against unfortunate incidents such as the volume knob having been knocked all the way up. Last thing you want happening is switching on and hitting that first note to find amp is on max/cab surrendering.

Yes, great advice Lozz, even when using the head with my Barefaced Super Twin at gigs, I always make sure the volume and input gain are set very low, and then increase them gradually, so if I do pair the head up with a smaller cab for home use, I would be very mindful of this.

5 hours ago, agedhorse said:

Yes, should be no problem as long as your expectations are reasonable. I'm sure your neighbors will see to that as well...

Although I live in a detached bungalow and the neighbours are about 100 metres away, I wouldn't play too loud because I like to play at a sensible level, unfortunately, several guitarists that I've gigged with over the years haven't thought the same way, my ears are shot and I've just ordered a pair of ACS ear protecters, although I guess it's a bit like shutting the stable door after the horse has well and truly bolted I'm afraid. 🤔

• Like 1

Note that since the controls on the Shuttle have detents (notches), there can be quite a volume jump between each setting if you're trying to keep things quiet - particularly on Master Volume. You'll probably find you need to set Master Volume as low as it can go while still producing sound, and then use the pre-amp controls for more fine control.

On 09/01/2022 at 18:02, chris_b said:

At home I put a 1200 watt amp into a BF One10. I don't know how anyone can get that wrong at front room volumes.

Yup.

I use that cab at home too irrespective of the amp.

Although I must admit if I then plug in the Super Twin instead the volume jump can be a bit of a surprise. Lower impedance and loads more cone area etc.

Ah well - keeps me awake!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MartinB said:

Note that since the controls on the Shuttle have detents (notches), there can be quite a volume jump between each setting if you're trying to keep things quiet - particularly on Master Volume. You'll probably find you need to set Master Volume as low as it can go while still producing sound, and then use the pre-amp controls for more fine control.

And you also have at least one volume control on the bass.

• Like 1