Why become a member? ×

Help me organise my pedal board!

Mokl

I don't have much clue when it comes to effects but seem to have amassed a small collection over the years.  I thought it was time I actually sorted my pedal board and got some use from them again (not really touched them for a couple of years...). 

I want to find the optimum layout,  although it's not very likely I'll have them all engaged at the same time,  apart from the compressor which I just leave on.  I'd be really grateful if those of you who know about these things could see picture of my humble board and recommend the ideal order for the chain.  

Fx are : BossBoss TU2 tuner, DOD FX25B envelope filter,  Rodenberg twin boost and drive thingy, EBS multicomp and Mooer Octaver. 

Thanking you in advance!

20220108_143121.jpg

Most people put the tuner first.

Comp before / after envelope is a personal choice.

Generally an octave goes before other stuff so it always gets a clean signal. On the other hand you might like glitchy octave after envelope.

Once you figure those out you can try inserting drivey stuff and see what you like.

• Like 1

I'd go tuner>octave>filter>drive and try the compressor at either end of the chain depending on what you want it for.

I like the way that filters react after an octave pedal, but experiment and see what you like the sound of. Pedals react differently in depending on what order they are in, so move them around and have fun.

• Like 2

I choose to go with tuner' compression' octave' envelope filter' distortition' Chorus/Flange/ Vibrato/ Reverb... & end with a  Q Strip for extra EQ & H.P.F plus L.P.F

I don't feed this through the amps effects loop prefering to go straight into the front... 😉  Enjoy. 

Edited by paulo m
  • Like 1