Why become a member? ×

NBD Limelight P

haimesy

Got this from Bassbros 

Its the first P bass I have ever bonded with , so I could finally be a convert after 35 years of mostly active J type basses .

A great service by Will at Bassbros couldn’t be happier at the moment .

Feels like a  Fender Custom shop I once tried at over 3 x the price in a shop .

The chunkier neck takes a bit of getting used to for me , but it has temporarily put a stop to my mindless dusty end noodling 😁

CD8CACFC-6BC0-430C-869B-A7B73044DAAC.jpeg

B070D4FB-FD9F-450F-9DF0-AD2B36AEC484.jpeg

• Like 22

11 hours ago, haimesy said:

Got this from Bassbros 

Its the first P bass I have ever bonded with , so I could finally be a convert after 35 years of mostly active J type basses .

A great service by Will at Bassbros couldn’t be happier at the moment .

Feels like a  Fender Custom shop I once tried at over 3 x the price in a shop .

The chunkier neck takes a bit of getting used to for me , but it has temporarily put a stop to my mindless dusty end noodling 😁

CD8CACFC-6BC0-430C-869B-A7B73044DAAC.jpeg

B070D4FB-FD9F-450F-9DF0-AD2B36AEC484.jpeg

Loverly bass. Hadn’t heard of bass bros but this got my curiosity and now I have a new source of GAS 👍

Happy for you @haimesy, welcome to the club.

I've 3 Limelight P basses with jazz necks, and loving them badly! I have nonetheless realised I am good enough with 2 and not 3 so I'm letting go on the white one as I upgraded my rig to a barefaced Big Baby II with an Eich T-900 (BLOOOOODY HELL WHAT A CAB UPGRADE!!)

Having said that I don't think I'll be able to ever part with my charcoal frost with flats (I want to do the whole Sean Hurley conversion with mute and all) or my custom spec'd purple/gold bass on rounds. Both on Nordys, both quite different, both a pure joy to play.

I've been, like you, on a journey from Stingrays to Sadowsky J's to headless ibanez, sandbergs, alphers.... I think these Limelights are the most reasonably priced basses I have, and best bang for buck - back into passive territory, the only bass I remember often before my Limelight era is an Alpher Mako with J pickups, passive - that was the first bass that made me realise you don't always need active when you have good dynamics on the pickups and a solid constructed bass.

On 08/10/2021 at 18:23, Ander87 said:

image.thumb.png.afe11ed2033005ef67e26b57420e6b6c.png

image.thumb.png.3d3c5fa51eadad67909ef9d154ae1844.pngimage.thumb.png.4aad071fd24db1b7b0c113ae68b3a2c4.png

On 19/11/2021 at 18:13, Ander87 said:

image.thumb.png.34a2f890d9b7cac132197f77d2d45eaf.png

image.thumb.png.fde9168fe863cfc76fb22420ba7d9b2c.png

Edited by Ander87
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CameronJ said:

Been tempted by a Limelight build of late (even though he won’t do 5 stringers 9_9) but am wondering what sort of price they usually end up sitting in? I know I could just email him but I have no idea what spec I’d be after yet

Brand new you’re looking at 1080 base price but you can add gotoh resolites and matching headstock and/or pickguard anodised and whatnot for not much more same as Bridge/pickup covers and whatnot.  

i don’t think you’d go further than 1300 going all in with covers pickguard resolites matching headstock and so on. 

Ander. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Happypants said:

Do they do non-relic finishes or am I completely missing the point?

Hey buddy! Hope you’re enjoying that monster of a Stingray 😉 

they do ultra light relics like my purple one, but I think they can do no relic at all. 

I love to have a bit of relic just so I don’t cry whenever I expose it to live music and stages etc but yep!

Ander. 

• Thanks 2