Why become a member? ×

EBS Magni Combo - anyone had any experience?

carlsim

Hi all...

I am about to pull the trigger on the 1x15 version of one of these, someone I know knows someone who knows someone who has one kind of thing...

Anyone had one or got one with some experience? I really like EBS stuff, I used to have a HD350 with Neo 1x10 and 1x12 cabs and it kicked a**! WHy i sold the cabs I don't know... anyway... I had a reidmar years ago and Like that and I understand the Magni is a Reidmar 250 combo kind of thing... Just wanted to be sure before I committed! Price is £500... does that seem fair?

Cheers!

I can't comment on the Magni but I have both a Reidmar and neo line rig and a smaller Classic 60 combo and I absolutely love the combo. Completely holds it own for a bar or wedding gig where load in is a pain and I love the tone of it... When pushed it breaks up very nicely... I've seen Keith Duffy also uses this amp on Instagram in the studio.

I think the Magni conbo is similar to a Reidmar amp so I think you will like the sound. I really can't fault EBS stuff, spent years using other amps and then suddenly realises they were the amps I love the sound of!! 

On 07/01/2022 at 10:56, carlsim said:

Hi all...

I am about to pull the trigger on the 1x15 version of one of these, someone I know knows someone who knows someone who has one kind of thing...

Anyone had one or got one with some experience? I really like EBS stuff, I used to have a HD350 with Neo 1x10 and 1x12 cabs and it kicked a**! WHy i sold the cabs I don't know... anyway... I had a reidmar years ago and Like that and I understand the Magni is a Reidmar 250 combo kind of thing... Just wanted to be sure before I committed! Price is £500... does that seem fair?

Cheers!

I video reviewed the Magni 210 - it is indeed essentially a Reidmar combo, for sure. Brilliant sound and does the EBS thing very well. If I were looking for a combo, given that my brand of choice doesn't make one, I'd probably be looking at this as an affordable option.