Why become a member? ×

Offensive Music/Bands

Thunderbird

2 minutes ago, Ricky Rioli said:

If there was a stark binary division between tory voters / the rest of the population, wouldn't the results at elections be a bit more stable? 

They are stable. Tories always win, even when Labour won they were pretty much tories

4 hours ago, Thunderbird said:

Think we should all get back on topic as it would be a shame to get the thread locked 

I can't really think of anything else offensive music wise apart from the silly Roy chubby brown songs and comedy music like that

I used to love Chubby Brown when I was a kid (my mum used to practically wet herself at that funny little dance he does). But I remember seeing a documentary about him years ago and being really disappointed that his “views” didn’t stay on the stage. He actually reminded me of my dad…

I had a similar thing with the Macc Lads. I saw a couple of their more recent gigs on YouTube and Mutley came across just as bigoted as their music suggests. Without the “excuse” of youth, it seemed really sad, unfortunately. Mind you, I’ve been listening to them for 34 years and don’t want to stop. I might not be an actual bigot (I hope) but I am a hypocrite.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Thunderbird said:

I don't really understand all the binary and non binary stuff and to be honest I don't care 

All I care about is if people are happy and not hurting others it's all good 

And if someone regardless of sexuality or colour is nice to me I'll reciprocate as I really don't care about the colour of the skin or the sexual orientation 

As my mum used to say there's good and bad in all

Are your parents Stevie Wonder and Paul McCartney?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, KingBollock said:

I had a similar thing with the Macc Lads. I saw a couple of their more recent gigs on YouTube and Mutley came across just as bigoted as their music suggests. Without the “excuse” of youth, it seemed really sad, unfortunately. Mind you, I’ve been listening to them for 34 years and don’t want to stop. I might not be an actual bigot (I hope) but I am a hypocrite.

It’s all part of the act/parody of the stereotypical northern hard-man/lad image of the 80s, luckily he and the band are nothing like that off stage.

30 minutes ago, KingBollock said:

I used to love Chubby Brown when I was a kid (my mum used to practically wet herself at that funny little dance he does). But I remember seeing a documentary about him years ago and being really disappointed that his “views” didn’t stay on the stage. He actually reminded me of my dad…

Welcome back KB!

8 hours ago, Vin Venal said:

I'm non-binary, and I definitely exist.

I suppose you can either find a way to fit that into your own belief system about gender, or you can choose not to, and operate on the assumption instead that I don't exist, which at least you wouldn't be alone in.

You might find yourself on the same side of the argument as a bunch of people you wouldn't want to rub shoulders with. Also might be worth keeping in mind the argument is entirely about stuff which doesn't concern you, so if you go out of your way to go around telling people like me we don't exist, you're the one going out on a limb so to speak.

Another thing to keep in mind, and of course this doesn't apply to most, but being binary trans is real flipping hard, and long. Like the waiting list just to get an appointment to start the process of transitioning is 3-5 years. A lot of people find it extremely daunting to think about attempting to pass as one thing or another. That's a lot of pressure to take on, especially when you're not getting any chemical assistance.

If the idea of anything outside the binary makes you uncomfortable, keep in mind that a lot of those people might be on a journey and might end up more in line with your thinking when that's done, so cut them some slack in the meantime.

Or they might not, that might just be what they are, which is really none of your concern.

Anyway, peace and love and stuff.

That's all great and I wish you all the best.

23 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

It’s all part of the act/parody of the stereotypical northern hard-man/lad image of the 80s, luckily he and the band are nothing like that off stage.

That’s good to hear. I can’t remember specifically what he’d said, but I got the impression of a grumpy old bloke complaining about immigrants. But then I am happy to be wrong.

1 hour ago, KingBollock said:

Does chubby brown still tour? Not heard anything about him for years 

I really like frankie boyle think he's really funny 

57 minutes ago, Thunderbird said:

Does chubby brown still tour? Not heard anything about him for years 

I really like frankie boyle think he's really funny 

Yup, Chubby Brown is still touring.

I, too, am a fan of Frankie Boyle. I like Jimmy Carr as well. One thing I really like about both of those is that they genuinely enjoy humour. That might sound like a strange thing to say, but some comedians never seem to laugh, but watching Jimmy and Frankie corpsing to something they’ve just heard is a joy to see.

Edited by KingBollock
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Ricky Rioli said:

So the variations in how individual seats vote is just the 14 million tory voters moving house a lot?

This is interesting (and this is not a political point). There are 650 parliamentary seats in the UK. There are quite a few safe seats (of all colours), but many- even those that are not out and out swing seats - are quite finely balanced in terms of voting. Nationally, this tends to be the case - have a look at total numbers of votes cast for the various parties, particularly the big two, and you will see this.

It takes surprisingly small numbers of people to change their vote to produce marked changes in results. Well under a million votes cast one way or the other - which is only around 2% of total registered voters - can produce large swings. The first past the post electoral system tends to amplify this effect.

Always loved the Macc Lads.

Trigger McPoopshute from South Wales could be considered offensive I suppose if you're that way inclined, personally I think they're hilarious and if you know the area they're from and some of the characters in their songs doubly so, songs like 'Skidmarks and Spencers', 'Give and Take', 'Special Needs Druglord' and 'Telford Suicide W*nk Palace', deserve their own place in punk history. More power to them.

Edited by doomed
  • Like 1