Why become a member? ×

Offensive Music/Bands

Thunderbird

I've only ever heard the Macc lads when I was 13 and round a mates house who thought they were the funniest thing ever, but suspect that their use of racist language would probably get them banned from most venues these days.

And, to be honest, I really don't have a problem with that.

Edited by Cato
  • Like 2

I’ve liked the Anti Nowhere League & Macc Lads since the 80s, been fortunate enough to play gigs with them and meet them.
For me the Macc Lads were parodying the stereotypical northern “lad” of the time, not many got it sadly. 

The Anti Nowhere League imo were probably a bit nearer their outlaw image & lifestyle.

K$$t & The Gang, again I’ve gigged with him/met him, decent chap and I find his material hilarious.

Edited by Lozz196
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jason Karloff said:

I find Steel Panther mildly amusing. 

Although I'm guessing some probably can't see the obvious joke. 

Aren't there loads of shockingly horrid white power type bands out there? 

I watched a Louis Theroux documentary years ago about white power Nazis in America. There were some Nazi bands featured and I looked them up on Youtube. I left a few derogatory remarks in the comments and then made my escape.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jason Karloff said:

I find Steel Panther mildly amusing. 

Although I'm guessing some probably can't see the obvious joke. 

Aren't there loads of shockingly horrid white power type bands out there? 

Im thinking more shocking and rude than racist maybe 20 years ago that would fly but not now

7 minutes ago, RhysP said:

The problem with Steel Panther is they're not as genuinely ridiculous as most of the bands they are parodying.

Steel Panther are basically a Spinal Tap tribute act for the Hair Metal generation.

Fair play to them for keeping the joke going for as long as thay have.

None of them bother me. One of my old faves are Ax Cx (can't use either word of their name), who set out to be the worst band ever and until Coldplay came about, Ax Cx were winning.

Although I do think K$$t are just a bit naff.

Edited by WarPig
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, WarPig said:

None of them bother me. One of my old faves are Ax Cx (can't use either word of their name), who set out to be the worst band ever and until Coldplay came about, Ax Cx were winning.

Although I do think K$$t are just a bit naff.

Forgot about them

Slightly off topic I was watching a mini documentary thing on youtube about the cradle of filth J is a C$$t T shirt the backlash was huge think it offended millions of people and most of them had never heard of the band lol

Edited by Thunderbird

7 minutes ago, Nail Soup said:

I thought Steve Albini was a right pillock for calling one of his bands Rapeman (after a Japanese 'superhero' comic apparently)

I wouldn't buy or otherwise endorse a band with that name.

I agree a super hero rapist thats just beyond the realms of thinking normally think you need to be very disturbed to think about that and in a comic?

• Like 1