Why become a member? ×

Original Bernie Goodfellow Harlequin Bass
£1200
Warrington

Guy Cowen

Hi, new to the Forum and was suggested I drop in here by a friend, Sadly its time to pass on my stunning Goodfellow bass as you can see is a beautiful example of the Harlequin bass 4 string, Like so many of you I first spotted these in A1 music in manchester and many years later acquired this bass from a friend, due to being a guitar Tech most of my adult Life Ive very rarely come home and wanted to play so its pretty much been an ornament ( a beautiful one at that ) so needs must and its time to pass it on. 

Ive never had reason to take the neck off so unsure of the serial number but can check on request, its both acoustically and electrically stunning as to be expected from Bernie's work, There are some small kinks along the edge which is normal for an instrument of this age but overall its mint, no major Fret wear or damage. Still feels and plays lovely, and sounds massive with a beautiful natural resonance due to a perfect neck/body join. The finish is just stunning in his aqua green colour of the incredible Harlequin veneer. A very rare and fantastic example of what for many of us was a dream bass back in the day and still is.

Only selling due to house repair costs and will consider delivering by hand in the UK, shipping can be arranged for international buyers and UK and pick up is also fine. Shipping is on top of the £1200 asking pric. Please drop me a DM if you're interested 

Thanks for looking 

BG1.jpg

BG2.jpg

BG3.jpg

BG4.jpg

BG6.jpg

BG7.jpg

BG8.jpg

BG9.jpg

BG11.jpg

BG10.heic

• Like 15

1 hour ago, TheGreek said:

Nice bass...

and for those who haven't already seen this:

Thats made me want to make the neck off and have a look, ive a feeling its a Pre Lowden 

Nice bass...

and for those who haven't already seen this:

History of Goodfellow Basses.docx 6.2 kB · 2 downloads