Why become a member? ×

Finding a lost love!

Roscoe6116

Hi All, here's a cheesy one and apologies for the sob story! I'm trying to find an old bass I was forced to sell in the mid nineties. I bought the

Jaydee Roadie II from the Bass Centre in the mid 80's when it was located in Wapping,(I think) in London. I've attached tan image of the

bass as reference. As we will all appreciate sometimes life screws up your plans and we end up doing things we regret. I needed cash and so

I had to sell, I went to a shop in Manchester City Centre,  it was called Johnny Roadhouse Music and did the deed, not afraid to say I cried all

the way home! haha! I suspect this is impossible but it's worth a try. So, does anyone have any ideas about the best way to either track this bad

boy down or at least publicize the fact I'm looking?

Cheers and Happy New Year!

Roadie II.jpg

Been there.... I had to sell my favourite bass, a Kinal MK5, twice! Sold it, bought it back, sold it again, because I was skint. I miss it every day. No idea where it is now, but I'd give anything to get it back. 

Good luck with your search 

Edited by Rayman
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rayman said:

Been there.... I had to sell my favourite bass, a Kinal MK5, twice! Sold it, bought it back, sold it again, because I was skint. I miss it every day. No idea where it is now, but it give anything to get it back. 

Good luck with your search 

Likewise with my first Precision - S749320.

Hope you are successful.

Might be a Jaydee owners Facebook community? Worth putting a plea out there?

I guess pass on as much info as you’ve got and you’re happy divulging. 

I sold a mid 70’s Fender precision fretless for peanuts to a music exchange shop in Notting hill to pay rent back in 1988. That bass got me a lot of work back then, and I miss it every day. Unlikely to ever afford to replace it now.

Good luck with your search.

• Thanks 1

I think you’re doing the best thing you can, in posting on BC; it’d also probably be worth posting on FB bass gear and band sub-groups in the NW of England.

I always envy people who are rational enough never to regret moving gear on.   I incredibly stupidly sold a one-off luthier built bass so perfect for me it could my “signature bass” - a Steve Smith custom long-scale semi, but a couple of years later the chap I sold it too (one of BC’s good eggs 👍) was kind enough to trade it back to me....

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, musicbassman said:

Not a week goes by without lamenting the loss of my '63 P, which travelled everywhere with me through numerous bands in the 70's and early 80's

Sold it through Andys in Denmark St around 1983 - it went for £500, and I understood the bass player from The Bangles bought it.  😢

image.thumb.png.f85dfe954a20bab18d1b3d85ecd3f47d.png

you were lucky to get the money from him, but that's a whole other thread!

• Haha 1

The bass i miss most, which i sold on here about fifteen years ago approx, never seen it come up since. Was that you ? and do you still love it ? Just wondering

A passive Schack swamp ash with Padauk board, I added a jazz pup and tonestyler pot. also the Barts and a string through for the 'B' and some fancy knobs.

schackash7.JPG

Edited by deepbass5
  • Like 1

Whilst i am reminiscing.

I traded my 77 Fender P bass at the Gallery in the early 90's  it had a maple neck and was originally olypic white but i stripped it, because it was looking tatty ( yah I know) :facepalm:I added a baddass bridge and white EMG's  and cut a slot under the pickup cover to take a PP9 battery.

So if you own a 77 P bass with a white neck pocket and a battery sized chunk missing under the guard, that'll be mine. It may well have been refinished and reverted back to stock by now, as i supplied the original pups and bridge etc.

Think i got £300or £320 for it partX. 😪