Why become a member? ×

Maybe Everyone In The USA Isn't Dim After All...

Jason Karloff

1 hour ago, wateroftyne said:

It's an odd one, this. Purely with reference to the title of this thread, I often hear our American cousins take the mick* out of the British for having shonky teeth. 

Can't argue with them on this one!

Should we be outraged at that, and create tension and angst that wasn't there before, or just smile knowingly and move on

Probably best not smile too much, given the collective state of our teeth.

or get right back at them with a light-hearted reference to their mad** gun laws?

Their gun laws are probably the dimmest thing about our beloved American cousins and a pretty good reason not to poke fun at them: they've got guns we don't 😁

But, let's face it, there's an absolute ton about the USA the rest of the world happily laps up from Motown to Netflix via FBook and Instagram, searching for stuff on Google on our PCs loaded with MSoft Office, whilst doing our shopping on Amazon. Btw one of the reasons we're all here on Basschat is that Leo Fender did have some influence over electric bass. Another dim American, right?

Cetara you are truly valiant. 

You haven't left your post for days, still steadfastly picking off the occasional cretin who strays into view. 

I doff my cap. 

What have I missed? 

Do I still need to get the lyrics to American  Pie by Don McLean tattooed on my Rear end as penance? 

Edited by Jason Karloff
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jason Karloff said:

Cetera you are truly valiant. 

You haven't left your post for days, still steadfastly picking off the occasional cretin who strays into view. 

I doff my cap. 

I thank you....

It's a thankless task manning the 'common sense' barricade while all around me are tripping over their own language.... ;)

3 minutes ago, Jason Karloff said:

I feel like I'm in Stalingrad and as the Germans tighten their stranglehold on the city, I'm down to my last rat to nibble. 

You can't say THAT!! It wasn't ALL Germans....!! ;) :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Jason Karloff said:

I feel like I'm in Stalingrad and as the Germans tighten their stranglehold on the city, I'm down to my last rat to nibble. 

Yeah but look how that turned out in the end. You'll survive to fight another day 👍

5 minutes ago, Jason Karloff said:

You say that but the longer this thread goes on for, the more time someone has in Texas to finish building a hoovercraft in their mum's basement. Then jet across here and shoot me in the plums. 😛

Now your just being Xenophobic. Not all Texans own a basement.

Edited by tegs07
  • Haha 2