Why become a member? ×

NBD - Spector Euro 5LX **UPDATE**

Machines

This wasn't a planned purchase at all, saw it pop up - dribbled, worked out what I could sell and clicked order from Andertons 2nd hand section. Looks like a 2017 build, absolutely mint condition.

I had a similar 2017 Euro 6LX for about 3 weeks I found in GuitarGuitar Birmingham 2 years ago, but had to sell at short notice due to life events (didn't lose any money at least). Having bought and sold quite a lot in that time, I always wanted it back but certainly didn't need a 6 string (Yamaha RBXJM2 covers that).

So this popped up on my daily browse, I sent the link to my GAS Enablement Buddy (@AndyTravis) who agreed it should be procured immediately. No setup required, strings should be OK too - had about 30 mins on it so far, and it's great (obviously). Probably going to have to sell 2-3 to pay for it, but quality > quantity. Especially as this seems quite versatile.

PXL_20220104_140407290.jpg

PXL_20220104_140416283.jpg

PXL_20220104_140505894.jpg

PXL_20220104_140518368.jpg

Edited by Machines
  • Like 29

Had a good bonding session with it tonight. Tweaked the tonepump so it doesn't overload my ears and now it's perfect. Never had a reverse PJ setup before but I like it a lot.

Hopefully have a rehearsal in the next week or two, however I have a Spidey sense the band is about to fold (radio silence on that chat). Ah well.

• Like 1

Congratulations! Very nice specimen 🙂

I used to have one just like this back in the day, I think around 2008 or so. Similar poplar burl top but with EMG PJ, not Aggies. 

Can't find a pic of it but same model, same look. I loved it, I bought it when the Spector bug really bitten me but unfortunately couldn't use it much as most of the time I needed my 5 string Spector for the gigs so reluctantly I let it go. Seeing yours reminds me of that bass and the crisp, very defined sound it had. Fortunately though during the years I have collected a great selection of Spectors so I can't say I miss it but still, great memories. Enjoy it!

• Like 1

On 05/01/2022 at 00:29, Machines said:

Hopefully have a rehearsal in the next week or two, however I have a Spidey sense the band is about to fold (radio silence on that chat). Ah well.

False alarm. Had a practice on Weds and it was superb. Warm P bass sounds aren't happening with the Euro, but getting lost in the mix is definitely not a risk factor.

Edited by Machines
  • Like 1

On 14/01/2022 at 18:07, Machines said:

False alarm. Had a practice on Weds and it was superb. Warm P bass sounds aren't happening with the Euro, but getting lost in the mix is definitely not a risk factor.

I had my first band practice with my new Euro 4LX, last week,and you're right! cut through beautifully,and has a really bright modern tone, but with plenty of depth. My band mates loved it, and out keyboard player (who is also a great Bassist) now wants one 😂

It doesn't do warm P tones though,so brought a P as well 😁

Edited by lee650
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, cetera said:

Turn J pickup off, boost bass slightly, pull back on treble and play over the p pickup. Voila....!

That's as close as I could get, but it's still got plenty of presence. I think it may be bolt on vs neck through, different body woods, active EQ etc. Very different sound.

On 04/01/2022 at 14:21, Machines said:

So this popped up on my daily browse, I sent the link to my GAS Enablement Buddy (@AndyTravis) who agreed it should be procured immediately.

I love this process, it's absolutely flawless - what could possibly go wrong?😀😀😀

• Haha 1