Why become a member? ×

*OHPF* G&L L2000E 1982 - Black/Maple, OHSC - *SOLD*
£1550
York

ped

IMG_9879.jpeg

For sale is this beautiful 1982 G&L L2000E. 

There's every reason to see why this bass was at the top of the evolutionary tree of Leo Fender's run of successful instruments. This bass is outstanding in many respects, with a fantastic EQ and switching system. 

You can read all about the bass and my research into the evolution of the L2K itself in this thread

It comes with it's original case (which is a bit battered, but, like the bass, it's been used not abused - perfectly functional and looks great.

The bass is strung with Elixir 40-100 strings and is set up for a low action with dead straight neck. The bass weighs 10.3lbs (4.6kg) which is pretty good for these mahogany bodied early E series basses. It balances really well and has a deliciously smooth and gently worn neck which has slowly turned a lovely dark amber colour over time.

The electronics work perfectly and are incredibly flexible, whilst offering some great core sounds with very little fiddling. You can read more about them on the thread or the document I've added below which is also inside the case. Everything Is 100% original and unmodified (though I contemplated doing the 'K mod' to offer the addition of outer coil only mode, any tech can do it quite easily if you want to!)

Any questions let me know. I'm in York and would prefer to meet halfway and deliver however postage could be an option if fully insured and added to the price if you're massively far away.

I'm only selling because over xmas I had a real decent amount of time to compare and contrast my basses and rationalise what I have accumulated over the last few years. There will be more sales to come in a few days!

Cheers

ped

IMG_9875.jpeg

IMG_9876.jpeg

IMG_9877.jpeg

IMG_9878.jpeg

IMG_9879.jpeg

IMG_9880.jpeg

IMG_9881.jpeg

IMG_9882.jpeg

IMG_9883.jpeg

IMG_9884.jpeg

IMG_9885.jpeg

IMG_9886.jpeg

IMG_9887.jpeg

IMG_9888.jpeg

IMG_9889.jpeg

IMG_9890.jpeg

IMG_9891.jpeg

IMG_9892.jpeg

IMG_9893.jpeg

• Like 11

Some really interesting history about G&L here if you're keen to read up on it. I really enjoyed going down the rabbit hole with this bass. I will keep my SB1 forever and fully believe that the USA and Tribute G&L basses are one of the best kept secrets in the business. Those that know how good they are know!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, ped said:

Some really interesting history about G&L here if you're keen to read up on it. I really enjoyed going down the rabbit hole with this bass. I will keep my SB1 forever and fully believe that the USA and Tribute G&L basses are one of the best kept secrets in the business. Those that know how good they are know!

I’ve just got one of these @ped

Give it a try 

@dub_junkie is a fan too

898111D1-251F-452C-BA25-AD028F4AB364.jpeg

• ped changed the title to *SOLD* G&L L2000E 1982 - Black/Maple, OHSC