Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Music Man Sterling Classic 4 Natural Gloss + Original Hard Case (Free Postage if Needed)
£1075
Lichfield, Staffs

Shepster8316

Music Man Sterling Classic 4 in great condition complete with original Musc Man hard case........ Free Postage if needed (UPS Next Day.... not Hermes).  The body at the neck pocket is dated Apr 2011.  Lovely gloss ash body with a great grain and the neck is a great gloss 'birdseye' maple (see pics) and a rosewood neck.  Please excuse the reflections in the pics, but it's a nightmare to photo in bright sunlight.

For the weight fans..... it weighs in at 8lbs 14 oz or a smidge over 4kg.

Don't see many of these around for whatever reason but I believe it was discontinued, so no idea if it's even reasonably priced, although the last one I saw for sale (in here) was at a higher price. 

I've had this a while now but never used it really and never been used at a gig, but having said that I'm still in two minds about selling it.  I'm more of a passive Precision type these days so it seems a waste to have it sat there doing nothing when someone else could likely benefit from it.  It's had a nut replacement in the past to a bone nutn and ot long ago set up with Rotosound 100-40 Stainless Steel Rounds fitted. 

These are a bit different to the usual MM Sterlings in that it doesn't have the selector switch or control plate and is based more along the lines of 'old style' models being 2EQ with the controls being Vol-Treb-Bass but with no centre detents.

Maybe better off watching these reviews of it:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Bridge.jpg

IMG_0850.JPG

Edited by Shepster8316
Add info
  • Like 12

10 minutes ago, MattM said:

With the stunning birdseye maple neck, mutes, 6 bolt neck plate, chrome battery cover and 2 band EQ, that looks like a Sterling Classic

Tut tut posting before reading 🤣😂 

but seriously must hide wallet with cards in… 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bunion said:

We really should get a “Bass library” going where we can sign them out for a week 

Actually, I reckon 26 people could chip in £50 each. We buy a bass. Everyone has it for two weeks. After that we sell it, buy another and pass that round. Probably way less money than we all spend constantly churning gear. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:
4 hours ago, Bunion said:

Actually, I reckon 26 people could chip in £50 each. We buy a bass. Everyone has it for two weeks. After that we sell it, buy another and pass that round. Probably way less money than we all spend constantly churning gear. 

less of a library and more of a Bass Club sounds like fun

• Like 1

• Shepster8316 changed the title to **SOLD** Music Man Sterling Classic 4 Natural Gloss + Original Hard Case (Free Postage if Needed)
6 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

The queue didn’t happen…so it was first come, first served.

Lovely thing - enjoy (whomever you may be…)

😉

There was a queue....... first person in the queue had first option on it and took it 🙂 

• Like 1