Why become a member? ×

Final price drop before it goes to a shop...FS/FT: Status Graphite Electro 6 custom made for Jonas Hellborg (1 of 2) - *SOLD*
£2500
high wycombe

pluckedout

Now £2100

Much as I love this, I just find that I'm focusing on my 5 strings - and I also need to raise some funds. This is by far the greatest 6 string I've ever come across, very easy to play (I have small hands and never had any problems with this, unlike some other 6ers I've had) and sounds amazing. 

Currently strung E-F but will happily restring it for anyone who wants it B-C instead. 

Would prefer a sale but will always consider trades, vintage stuff probably more likely to succeed but I have strange tastes so always worth an ask! Also play 6 string guitar if that helps. 

Shipping within the UK is possible at extra cost but would greatly prefer collection from high Wycombe, London or pre-agreed mutually convenient location.

Full spec below, copied from bipbip62's (who I got it from in the first place) original advert on here:

The specifications :

32 3/9 " scale (as wanted by Jonas HELLBORG). 

26 frets with zero fret.

1.5 mm action under the C string up to 2 mm under the B string

14 mm strings spacing at the Status Electro bridge (as wanted by Jonas HELLBORG himself).

8 mm at the graphite nut.

1 double action truss rod (beware as it's a typical English left screwing model).

3 bass Gotoh tuners on the bass side + 3 guitar Gotoh tuners on the treble side.

Woven graphite neck with Rosewood fretboard.

The semi-solid body with a single 'F' hole has a double size two-piece mahogany back with a red coloured veneer and book-matched Rosewood facing.

Acoustic chambers are machined into the mahogany before the top is glued on : this allows the body to resonate and create a warmer, more "open" response.

1 Status Hyperactive humbucker really close to the bridge (as wanted by Jonas HELLBORG himself) + 1 piezo pickup under the saddle in the bridge with balance, master volume (20 detent positions), treble cut/boost for magnetic and treble cut/boost for piezo (like on all Electro II series).

The Weight: 5.2 kilos .

Delivered in original Status gigbag.

Equipped with Thomastik JR round wound nickel strings (029 - 043 - 051 - 068 - 089 -118).

Satin finish for the body and thick glossy finish for the neck.

Delivered to Jonas HELLBORG in November 2001.

Set up by Christophe LEDUC (great french luthier).

It's the rarest Status bass ever, completely original and never modified.

Official price today will be more than £4500 GBP is you can get one made. 

To add to that last point, I tried to get Rob Green to build me a 5string Electro about 5 years ago - in fact I asked him multiple times over the course of about 3 years - and always got a flat 'no'. I imagine if you're Mark King or that guy from Muse you'd probably get one but otherwise, the Electro seems to be never coming back as a model...

20220102_120821.jpg

20220102_120828.jpg

20220102_120837.jpg

20220102_120846.jpg

20220102_120852.jpg

20220102_120901.jpg

Edited by pluckedout
Price update
  • Like 10

On 05/01/2022 at 20:16, Hellzero said:

Used to be mine. Excellent bass, but the very narrow strings spacing was the issue for me...

I find the spacing very comfortable, despite my other basses being 17.5mm, I barely notice the difference. Probably because my left hand is surprised by how comfortable it is on a 6-string 🙂

• pluckedout changed the title to Open to offers: FS/FT: Status Graphite Electro 6 custom made for Jonas Hellborg (1 of 2)
  • pluckedout changed the title to Final price drop before it goes to a shop...FS/FT: Status Graphite Electro 6 custom made for Jonas Hellborg (1 of 2)
  • pluckedout changed the title to SOLD (elsewhere) Status Graphite Electro 6 custom made for Jonas Hellborg (1 of 2)