Why become a member? ×

Brute bass guitars

Fishfacefour

Hi everyone,

I've been following someone called brute bass guitars on Instagram for a while. They do some great original, but kind of retro inspired, designs, and some great colours.

Can't find much else about them. Does anyone have any experience with them? Any thoughts on the designs?

https://instagram.com/brute_bass_guitars?utm_medium=copy_link

• Like 1

Burns-Weill & '70s Eastern European knockoffs. Look like they should cost about £60, but I strongly suspect they don't.

Somewhat aesthetically challenging. Or challenged. At least they're not yet more Precision copies though, so that's something.

Edited by Bassassin
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Grahambythesea said:

The bizarre “Jetson” shapes look like something a kid might knock up in woodwork class at school. There’s a reason most guitars have curvy shapes,  they fit the human body and help balance the hang. 

Guitars only need to have curvy shapes if they are intended to be played sitting down. And even then it only needs to be on the lower half of the body like the Ovation Breadwinner or any of the Klein-inspired ergonomic designs.

All my important playing (in front of an audience) is done standing up so the shape of the instrument really doesn't matter so long as it does not adversely affect the balance on the strap or access to the areas of the fretboard that I need. It certainly doesn't need to be "curvy".

• Like 1

On 02/01/2022 at 15:18, Dazed said:

Some are less Jetsons than others. Building non traditional shapes is a good thing in a world of fender clones. 

B074D0A3-91E3-4DE7-9720-A91B579E7045.thumb.png.bdceb9804eb3ab82e7c57605c4512295.png

Serek getting their first copy there, second in from the left.....but with a yucky headstock!

Hopefully there is some refinement and we get another quality UK luthier out of it!

Si

• 3 months later...

I’ve been following this guy for a while too and really enjoy his quirky designs. Would I have one? If it’s headstock heavy it’s a massive no-no for me. Balanced correctly and I would have one.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...