Why become a member? ×

Slow metal bass recommendations

SteveXFR

Due to a case of golfers elbow (I've never played golf) I'm finding it quite painful to play anything fast which gets the fretting hand busy. While I can play through the pain, it's not good for recovery. 

Any recommendations for metal songs which don't get the fret hand moving too fast but are still interesting?

I've been trying some Down this morning but the fast fills make my forearm feel like it's about to burst open.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Sticking with the Down family, how about Albatross, or any other corrosion of conformity? Mike Dean's a good bassist but their stuff isn't too speedy.

Holy crap, why didn't I think of that? I freaking love that song. I'll be on that in the morning. 

• Like 1

Not sure what your flavour of metal is or how slow you're after:
I'm a huge fan of Sentenced/Poisonblack...Finnish metal, not the fastest stuff usually, more of a workout for your pick technique than your left hand with a lot of alternating between open strings and some hammer-ons along these lines.
https://www.songsterr.com/a/wsa/poisonblack-love-infernal-bass-tab-s50710

Between both bands they've got a lot of slower stuff or if the various tab sites are anywhere near accurate, simple low movement but faster sounding stuff like Luxury of a grave...busy right hand but the left is basically camping on a single fret per bar so you can play 90% of it with 1 finger and a little arm movement.

• Like 1