Why become a member? ×

NPD Bass Soda Drive

stewblack

New pedal arrived today and other than kill all the sound it does nothing at all.

No it's not supposed to do that.

The light comes on, the sound goes off.

Obviously I've contacted the company so they can hopefully tell me what I'm doing wrong, but really, how much can you do wrong with a pedal?

Edited by stewblack
Changed title
  • Sad 1

stick the wrong volts in it

Stick the wrong positive in it

stick the wrong mA in it

stick the cables in the wrong holes

Throw it at the dog to stop him barking. 

im sure there are many more things you could do wrong to your pedal 🤣😂

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, soldersqueeze said:

I think a lot of builders test PCBs but maybe not the finished pedal after it's been boxed up.

Having worked in the electronics industry, i find it inconceivable that that would be true for any actual company that has stayed in business for more than 3 months.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, stewblack said:

Obviously I've contacted the company so they can hopefully tell me what I'm doing wrong, but really, how much can you do wrong with a pedal?

A lot more than with something basic like a guitar or bass.

Probably a failure in one of the wires to the board

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bunion said:

stick the wrong volts in it

Stick the wrong positive in it

stick the wrong mA in it

stick the cables in the wrong holes

Throw it at the dog to stop him barking. 

im sure there are many more things you could do wrong to your pedal 🤣😂

Screw it into the cranks of a bicycle..

8 hours ago, stewblack said:

It was the Soda Drive. Didn't want to name names, as a small company could do without negative publicity. However I don't judge people on faulty gear, it's about how they respond to the problem.

When you do get a replacement that works do post a review.... have been interested in this pedal.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Having worked in the electronics industry, i find it inconceivable that that would be true for any actual company that has stayed in business for more than 3 months.

There are just so many pedal companies that have at least moderately succeeded that should never have made it past three months....

That statement has nothing to do with Raygun FX as I've never used, seen inside of or even heard much about them.

Hope you get this sorted and enjoy your new pedal Stew!

• Thanks 1

On 01/01/2022 at 15:04, Woodinblack said:

I agree with you but maybe the cheaper Chinese or mass produced far Eastern manufacturers skip this to keep priced down? But yes any company who really care will test the finished item 

49 minutes ago, Thunderbird said:

I agree with you but maybe the cheaper Chinese or mass produced far Eastern manufacturers skip this to keep priced down? But yes any company who really care will test the finished item 

Absolutely not. It is very simple to do a test to check that the final unit is working automatically, it costs next to nothing, and the return cost of it not working when it comes out is very high. It's not even caring, it just down to the bottom line.

• Like 2

• stewblack changed the title to NPD Bass Soda Drive

Hi folks, my replacement pedal arrived today.

16419999037411834506937191021584.thumb.jpg.e75129e5c2592b516d0ab948dece750c.jpg

It's a doozy! Volume, drive, and tone, and a three way selector switch. The switch changes the type of distortion which makes this an extremely versatile little stomp.

Dirties the bass from just a little all the way up to full on destruction. Quite a substantial volume boost is available if that's your thing, or its excellent as an always on , just roughing up the edges of the bass.

Highly recommended.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, stewblack said:

Excellent! It's quite a flexible little beast isn't it?

Definitely.  I was looking for a low dirt content, lightly over-driven signal to feed into a Flanger.  Does the job nicely and a v cheap way of getting that Muse tone for Plug In Baby.

• Like 1