Why become a member? ×

Small UK based pedal manufacturers

BillyBass

I've had a lot of Gas for fuzz and drive pedals over the Christmas period and have been looking over websites by small overseas manufacturers, like Fuzzrocious, Jam Pedals, Iron Ether and Becos.  Trouble is, ordering them can be less than straightforward; Becos won't deliver to the UK and now their U.S. distributor won't either, Fuzzrocious have a overseas $50 postage charge...and then add on the VAT when it arrives.

@stewblack started a thread about an OD pedal from a brand I had never heard of: Raygun FX from Southend.  This got me thinking, how many other small 'boutique' UK based pedal companies are there out there?  I have a 'Subspace' by Hamstead, an Origin Effects 'Cali76' and a 'Micro-Thumpinator' by Sfxsound; so that is three I know.

Any others?

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

was in the OP.

It surprises me how little love SfX receives on BC. They have some really neat stuff but the only time they get mentioned is the fixed very low HPF rumble filter.

SFX sell niche products and they don't look all that sexy.  I bet the likes of Jam Pedals and Fuzzrocious sell way more kit.  The market for distortion and fuzz pedals is, er, saturated, so if you want to stand out you have to make them attractive.  I will admit, the appearance of a pedal is a factor in whether I choose to buy or not.

33 minutes ago, tony_m said:

Chap up the road in Skegness (John Hayward aka Hubcap John) does an assortment of fuzz pedals, but I believe they're all intended for guitar rather than bass. 

https://hubcapjohn.wixsite.com/hubcapjohn/production-pedals

https://www.facebook.com/hubcapjohn/

Fantastic artwork, shame they aren't bass specific.