Why become a member? ×

2022 I sold more basses, or amps, or both, so far so good.

Downunderwonder

As the owner of far more gear than I really need here are my rules:

Everyone starts with a score of zero. For every amp or bass you divest you score +1. But any purchase gets you -2.

The goal is to finish 2022 at +1 or better. A score of 0 is an honorable mention. -1 and you weren't trying hard enough and are barred from 2023 entry. This thread is for the trying to divest.

So far it's still 2021 so I am good by default as is everyone else who wants in. Not to detract from the non accumulation thread!

This commemorates my 1st year at BC where my sense of humour is appreciated as delivered. And btw, downunder it's under 3 hours to HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Edited by Downunderwonder
Fixed up mmixfudded rules. Hey, it's NYE here!
  • Like 1

I think I get that. Go on, I'm in. 

I'm retired with little else to either do or spend my lolly on so I'm  expecting an appalling score, but Inp ought to try and be sensible.  I can only play one at a time, after all.

Edited by Bassfinger
Y fronts slipped down
  • Like 1

Hmm. I'm moving to a significantly smaller house in 2022 and need to consolidate. 

As the owner of two basses, one amp head and two cabs I'm not sure I have much chance of competing despite my intention to keep one bass and offload the rest.  I recently donated a small bass practice amp and a small guitar amp to a local school.  Do I get bonus points for that?

Oh, and Happy New Year to you.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Nicko said:

Hmm. I'm moving to a significantly smaller house in 2022 and need to consolidate. 

As the owner of two basses, one amp head and two cabs I'm not sure I have much chance of competing despite my intention to keep one bass and offload the rest.  I recently donated a small bass practice amp and a small guitar amp to a local school.  Do I get bonus points for that?

Oh, and Happy New Year to you.

Ok, +1 for your enthusiasm.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

So I had 2 basses and a guitar arrive in 31st, just in the nick of time to count as 2021 purchases. 2021 was a lost cause in terms of GAS so I figured sneaking a few more in wouldn't really matter. 

On the plus side, I also sold a bass the same day. 

I also paid for a bass from EBay on the 30th that's due to arrive early next week, but according to the rules that's all okay 😂

All in, I'm still down in terms of number of instruments and well up on the amount I recouped from selling vs. what I spent, which by some twisted logic makes me a good boy. 

5 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

There's a back story here about "sharing" (ok selling at no loss and getting free rental) a bit of kit with a mate in dire need of an LS2 (back in Nov 2020, in fact) that I wasn't particularly intending to move on. Although I should really have questioned his "dire need" given that it was the middle of a pandemic?

When one came up a couple of hours back, it seemed sensible to get around to replacing it.

Case for the defence / technical get out / appeal for leniency:

1. The Boss LS2 isn't an effects pedal as such is it - it's just a bit of fancy wiring in a box?

2. Everyone should have an LS2 if they have several pedals - it's a bit like getting a pedal board, just helps you organise your pedals. 

3. Seems harsh that I'm being penalised for helping a BC mate out: this should be applauded and not a cause for being cast out?

4. I'm just replacing a bit of kit that I had previously and not really trying something new (third time lucky with this one).

All of which...  

I guess the counter might be that: "you're talking bollox, as usual, Al Krow. You're out."  

Which, dammit, would probably be entirely fair.

HNY BC'ers! 😊

You two might have more luck finishing the year as winners here. Sell two but buy one is all good.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Finally finished the planned offloading of equipment and I'm now +4 for the year.

Fender American Special Precision sold in February

Markbass Blackline 250 turned out to have developed a fault and was given away (technically I sold the soft carry case and included the amp for free) in July

Markbass 102P traveller was collected today

I must say that the BC marketplace is an absolutely fantastic way to trade.  All the people I've had dealings with have been thoroughly decent and there's been no messing around at all.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...