Why become a member? ×

Hipshot customer service

Bunion

So, I’m not a fan of 5 strings, they just become a thumb anchor for the times I’m hitting the E string, I’ve tried, just can’t get over it. 
I do love a Hipshot D-Tuner though as I like to cover a bit of grunge. 
I purchased a Wal the other day and like all my basses my first thought was D-tuner. 
After research I decided I needed an 
EB4 in gold…

On further research I discovered Hipshot stopped making the EB4 😩

I fired off an email to hipshot asking about a model replacement number (expecting a nay and a hunt for a secondhand model) on the 28th of December (it’s the holidays, they won’t answer until the new year.

To my suprise a few hours later I got a response from Oscar Yuan. 
please call us it’s a special order as we only have one left and in gold!! 
I like to think he went rummaging through dusty old boxes and emerged triumphant, dtuner held high, but he probably looked at the stock list on the PC 🤣😂

A call to the states and a quick conversation with Oscar and the item was ordered. 
29th of December I got an invoice and dispatch note, it’s on its way. 
Oscar, thank you, Hipshot great customer service. 

Another happy customer. 

• Like 13

They had one in a special mahogany case that needed two keys to open it (the keys are worn around two different people's necks on chains).  

This of course happened in a secret room that has a hidden door behind bookshelves, guarded by a three-headed dog. 

Or so I'm led to believe. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Crawford13 said:

I have never had any need to deal with their customer service, but it's nice to know it's there if I ever need it.

Oscar asked me if I’d ever dealt with them before. 
I pointed out I’d never had any reason to complain and after a few seconds thought he replied “well I guess that’s a good thing then” a very nice guy indeed. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

I wonder if your mate Wal opened the door.

I doubt it.  I've also had wondeful customer service from them a few times.  Most recently I bought a Supertone 2 point bridge (not 3 point) from Bass Direct and the anchor bolts supplied were the wrong type (they come in both metric and imperial, my bass had the opposite of what comes in the box) - a bit of back and forth with Oscar saw the right type posted over from the USA free of charge.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

They had one in a special mahogany case that needed two keys to open it (the keys are worn around two different people's necks on chains).  

This of course happened in a secret room that has a hidden door behind bookshelves, guarded by a three-headed dog. 

Or so I'm led to believe. 

I hope those two people never travel together!

• Haha 2