Why become a member? ×

NBD 70s P

ped

I’ve been told to spend less on bass gear in 2022 so I’m buying a 70s P bass in parts!

I was thinking about putting this in a stand as a shelf object in the man cave but for now I’ve hung it on the wall. Pretty cool I think! The tuners are original but the s/n has worn off so I don’t know anything more about it. 

I might have bought this whilst pissed over Xmas. 

ped

16A3B01C-9406-41B5-B917-51FA22B06D80.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, ped said:

I’ve been told to spend less on bass gear in 2022 so I’m buying a 70s P bass in parts!

I was thinking about putting this in a stand as a shelf object in the man cave but for now I’ve hung it on the wall. Pretty cool I think! The tuners are original but the s/n has worn off so I don’t know anything more about it. 

I might have bought this whilst whizzed over Xmas. 

ped

16A3B01C-9406-41B5-B917-51FA22B06D80.jpeg

You're into watches and such? You could fit a clock motor on the back, mount the hands through the hole where the D tuner used to be and, voila, a precision timepiece for a homestead wall.

23 minutes ago, Doctor J said:

You're into watches and such? You could fit a clock motor on the back, mount the hands through the hole where the D tuner used to be and, voila, a precision timepiece for a homestead wall.

....that would stop every time the long hand hit the G or the A.......? (but a great idea all the same).  We invented a car game called 'bump on the head' for alternative uses for an object (you can usually hit yourself over the head with most objects).  I can feel a New Year's Basschat game coming on of 'alternative uses for a 70's Precision headstock'