Why become a member? ×

Bc Members

Thunderbird

Thanks, but I doubt I’ll be staying. I still love bass, sometimes I even enjoy playing what I can, but I rarely play nowadays. (I’ve only the use of one arm/hand). I’ve a nice Yamaha precision, but it’s heavy. I might consider looking for a lighter precision too. 

I think I’ve better learned how to listen.
Although I never met many people from the forum in person, I will always remember it very fondly and probably will keep returning every now & then, as long as I am able. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Flanker said:

Thanks, but I doubt I’ll be staying. I still love bass, sometimes I even enjoy playing what I can, but I rarely play nowadays. (I’ve only the use of one arm/hand). I’ve a nice Yamaha precision, but it’s heavy. I might consider looking for a lighter precision too. 

I think I’ve better learned how to listen.
Although I never met many people from the forum in person, I will always remember it very fondly and probably will keep returning every now & then, as long as I am able. 

Always welcome to drop in now and again for a wee blether and catch up on the bass gossip. 

Sorry to hear about having use of only one arm/hand. 

We can still chat about basses tho.

Dave 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmccombe7 said:

Always welcome to drop in now and again for a wee blether and catch up on the bass gossip. 

Sorry to hear about having use of only one arm/hand. 

We can still chat about basses tho.

Thank you Dave.

I had to kind of let go of playing bass and aviation for the sake of my mental health since 2011. However, recently I’ve discovered the world of virtual reality flying, in which I can once again fly all types of planes to all sorts of destinations - it’s been a sort of game changer for me. Playing bass took over from aviation as my no1 passion before my stroke, or so I thought, but I think the truth is that flying/aviation was deep in my being from an early age. I might have changed my path had I found bass earlier, but it wasn’t to be.

I am so grateful for both being able to listen to bass players and music in general, and now I am happy to have found flying once more too. 

Anyone who has an interest in flying really ought to try it. 

Maybe next time around I’ll try being a pro bass player? I know it’s an uphill struggle! 😊

• Like 2

I'm just delighted to find that @Flanker is still with us.

I still remember buying your Alleva Coppolo LPB5 in a lovely complicated part-swap deal involving the Powersoft Digam that I'd bought from @Dood. That AC then got swopped back and forth with @Clarky for a while before being sold to a Basschatter on the Isle of Wight. 

I also remember how shocked I was when I heard about your stroke. 

Great to hear from you again.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

I'm just delighted to find that @Flanker is still with us.

I still remember buying your Alleva Coppolo LPB5 in a lovely complicated part-swap deal involving the Powersoft Digam that I'd bought from @Dood. That AC then got swopped back and forth with @Clarky for a while before being sold to a Basschatter on the Isle of Wight. 

Haha 🤣. All the gear, no-idea. I lost thousands during that period from buying new basses then moving them on a few months later. I was definitely searching for something. I apologised to my dear wife a couple of years ago when it struck me how bad it must have looked from her point of view. 

Are you still driving BMW’s? I might still have had my beloved Soarer when you came to MK, or maybe the 530d?

Thank you so much Jack.  I really appreciate everyone’s warm welcomes. 🙏

I also love that you’ve kept Spiderman dancing all this time. 👏

• Haha 3

Hi Steve

Nice of you to pop in and good to hear that you are well.  I remember bumping into you at Bass Direct once when I was collecting my Berg 610.  Now that was probably around 2007/2008.  I know what you mean about GAS addiction, fortunately I've cured myself of that these days.

• Like 1

On 04/01/2022 at 23:52, gjones said:

He was a professional bass player who was a very articulate and interesting guy who wrote some excellent gear reviews. If I remember there was some issue about a sale. I was sad to see him go.

He's still on Talkbass.

Did a few deals with Doug (had his nice Streamline which sadly I no longer possess).  I remember talking with him just before he vacated BC and he indicated that he was taking a sabbatical as he was busy with professional playing and whatnot.

Edited by martthebass