Why become a member? ×

Bc Members

Thunderbird

Just now, tauzero said:

I bought a pair of Berg 112s off him many years ago. He was fine to deal with. Strongly opinionated, but that's surely true of a considerable proportion of the BC membership.

I seem to recall that it was all about Aguilar and Sei Jazz basses.... monitored through D&B wedges. Anything else was just piffle. I'm surprised he even played about with Bergs.

On 31/12/2021 at 20:39, Sarah5string said:

That'll be Frida :D I tend to play her for slap, but now have a 5 string version (That I've named Boudicca :D) of the same model because I've obviously got to keep up the rep ;)

image.thumb.png.9759f1201d4976acd6c9352773a0b563.png

I wondered if it was you that popped up in musicians wanted/available on FB but was playing a 4-string. That explains it.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Thunderbird said:

Always wondered if the bass doc had got himself sorted out and would return to the forum I know there is a bit of shall we say bad blood between him and some other members (not my business) 

But he seemed knowledgeable didn't really know the guy though 

Never really heard the full story of what went on with Howard Bass Doc. I'd had some dealings with him & he seemed completely on the level, friendly & helpful. Bought & sold a few bits & pieces, & he even gave me a stack of old 70s & 80s catalogues from his shop, because he knew my interest in old MIJ gear.

I knew he'd stopped taking on work because of ill health, but if I remember he disappeared from BC amid allegations he'd taken payment for work he'd not done, or had instruments to work on that he hadn't returned. Seemed out-of-character from what I knew of him, but I guess one never knows.

Edited by Bassassin
Punctuation,,,
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, chris_b said:

It was my first experience of internet bullying. I'm sorry we had to witness it.

The people who took part should be ashamed of themselves.

Luckily I missed that one 

But will probably get in trouble for saying this but I remember a few years back when moderators were being enlisted to bc and we seemed to have lots of mods and shall we say it was a bit of an old boys network it's still a little like that now for some members but happy to say that the moderation team who actually contributed to the forum do a pretty good job really and let's be honest there's a lot of very sensitive members on here who go running to the mods at the slightest thing they don't like and the mods to pretty well to keep a happy balanced forum

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

Man, if you think that's bullying, you should try posting some observations on a barefaced thread as ebs_freak and see how you many sharp tongues you are on the end of...

So you like ‘E’rnie ‘B’all ‘S’trings, I see no problem here!! 

Just now, EBS_freak said:

That's the thing. I don't even use EBS. It's a big trick.

I can’t live with that, I don’t have Bunions it just a name that was never taken when have you think one up 😂🤣

• Haha 3

On 02/01/2022 at 12:00, ped said:

In fact, the very few people who are technically ‘banned’ are so because they asked to be! 

oooohhh I read about something like that in Terry Pratchett books with Lord Vetinari ....

Thats an obscure reference I'm hoping at least one person gets!

On 02/01/2022 at 14:27, chris_b said:

I met up with JTUK outside of BC several times and he was an OK guy.

More than can be said about the people who hounded him off the forum.

People get very uptight sometimes, If you treat it like a pub where there's always going to be a handful of absolute total onanists somewhere... but you just ignore them. Live and let live, there's enough issues in the world with people I know in real life before I start worrying about a load of bass players in internet land. I've met a few folk off here at Bass bashes and doing trades-  It's been lovely pretty much every time. 

1 hour ago, Bassassin said:

Never really heard the full story of what went on with Howard Bass Doc. I'd had some dealings with him & he seemed completely on the level, friendly & helpful. Bought & sold a few bits & pieces, & he even gave me a stack of old 70s & 80s catalogues from his shop, because he knew my interest in old MIJ gear.

I knew he'd stopped taking on work because of ill health, but if I remember he disappeared from BC amid allegations he'd taken payment for work he'd not done, or had instruments to work on that he hadn't returned. Seemed out-of-character from what I knew of him, but I guess one never knows.

He's around on Facebook, I remember he got ill and some people got annoyed - but since then he made me a scratch plate for my Sadowsky and seemed sound. 

• Like 4

Lysdexia
Great photos and advertise for any of his sales. Had two 'deals' with him - great guy, full of enthusiasm and humour. One deal he came to my house, the second he asked if I could approach his nuclear bunker due to health reasons. Was a lovely trip and great visit.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, stingrayPete1977 said:

I can't recall ever crying to a moderator of any forum, I've had a few private conversations about certain members but never to ask for them to be censored or anything, bonkers. 

Never noticed it myself, and despite my post count, I've been here for years (even though I've lurked more than posted recently)

A lot of the above names are familiar, with maybe just one for the wrong reasons, but it's a good place and well run. It keeps me happy :friends:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stingrayPete1977 said:

I can't recall ever crying to a moderator of any forum, I've had a few private conversations about certain members but never to ask for them to be censored or anything, bonkers. 

You're not trying hard enough then.

1 minute ago, merello said:

Lysdexia
Great photos and advertise for any of his sales. Had two 'deals' with him - great guy, full of enthusiasm and humour. One deal he came to my house, the second he asked if I could approach his nuclear bunker due to health reasons. Was a lovely trip and great visit.

He came to my house too