Why become a member? ×

Bc Members

Thunderbird

If you're going to leave, just leave. I bogged off for a while, no announcement, no dummy spitting and commensurate with the quality of my contributions, not missed in the slightest until someone PMed me to ask if I could advise someone with something Gibson-y.

I knew I'd prove useful eventually! ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wolverinebass said:

I miss JTUK. His constant proclamations of being amazing and what his vastly excessive tech requirements were for foldback monitoring.

Then you find out he's playing "The Tickled Trout," in front of a massive plasma screen showing the FA Cup replay of Stoke v Crewe.

How he only played with "named professionals," and was so amazingly talented at bass he could sneer at some of the greatest players to ever pick up the instrument yet provided no evidence of how he was apparently better.

What a tool.

Yes, he was brilliant wasn’t he? A pompous fantasist in the mould of Capt. Mainwaring or Basil Fawlty.

Remember the charity bass relay we did? I asked him if he’d like to get involved, based on the frequent high-profile gigs he did. It soon became clear it was all bullshine. Mind you, he wasn’t the only one…….😉

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Len_derby said:

Yes, he was brilliant wasn’t he? A pompous fantasist in the mould of Capt. Mainwaring or Basil Fawlty.

Remember the charity bass relay we did? I asked him if he’d like to get involved, based on the frequent high-profile gigs he did. It soon became clear it was all bullshine. Mind you, he wasn’t the only one…….😉

The best one for me was when he started slating Entwistle. I then found a video of his band playing 5:15. Badly. He was also playing the bass part very badly. I remember laughing so hard I felt I could asphyxiate as I could play that song better when I was 19.

I mean, all of us here know what we're good at and what we're not so good at. That's regardless of what genre or style of player you are. I'm happy to admit my technical and professional failings.

In truth, I miss his "Legend in his own mind," crap as it's so risible.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sprocketflup said:

ProfJames has left the good ship BC?

8 hours ago, Clarky said:

Well, his profile page says he last visited 12 hours ago.

There’s a ‘post your memes’ thread of his in the ‘off topic’ section. He’s on there quite regularly.

Edited by ambient

7 hours ago, sprocketflup said:

ProfJames has left the good ship BC?

Not left at all @gareth Had to "acknowledge a warning" .... for what I am still confused, so I thought I would give the room a miss for a while.  Good to see that people still monitor my visits though!  Hope you had a good new year mate and I am still loving the T'bird...........

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ambient said:

There’s a ‘post your memes’ thread of his in the ‘off topic’ section. He’s on their quite regularly.

Just now, ProfJames said:

Not left at all @gareth Had to "acknowledge a warning" .... for what I am still confused, so I thought I would give the room a miss for a while.  Good to see that people still monitor my visits though!  Hope you had a good new year mate and I am still loving the T'bird...........

Oh good to hear

A proper man’s bass eh?

On 31/12/2021 at 22:50, Thunderbird said:

I liked Thumper didn't know him that well but he seemed OK 

Another member I likes was called Merlin I bought a bass from him and he and his wife delivered it lovely people 

Merlin (Michael) got himself a new job and new band back before lockdown. I know him through local jams - lovely bloke.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, chris_b said:

I met up with JTUK outside of BC several times and he was an OK guy.

More than can be said about the people who hounded him off the forum.

I don't think anybody thought he was anything but an OK guy.

He wasn't exactly hounded off the forum. People called out his fantasy BS... and he just kept digging further. He saw his own way out rather than admit he was not living the rock star life he was portraying.

Edited by EBS_freak
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

He wasn't exactly hounded off the forum. People called out his fantasy BS...

It was my first experience of internet bullying. I'm sorry we had to witness it.

The people who took part should be ashamed of themselves.

• Like 2

On 02/01/2022 at 14:27, chris_b said:

I met up with JTUK outside of BC several times and he was an OK guy.

More than can be said about the people who hounded him off the forum.

I bought a pair of Berg 112s off him many years ago. He was fine to deal with. Strongly opinionated, but that's surely true of a considerable proportion of the BC membership.

• Like 1