Why become a member? ×

Bc Members

Thunderbird

11 hours ago, Thunderbird said:

I liked Thumper didn't know him that well but he seemed OK 

Another member I likes was called Merlin I bought a bass from him and he and his wife delivered it lovely people 

I stayed in touch with Thumper after his Finnbass demise. 

• Like 2

like many on basschat, the amount of time I spend here is in inverse proportion to the amount of stuff I have going on in real life.

I used to enjoy @Dingus' posts but he left after some altercation during a period when I wasn't paying attention.

Happy new year to all basschatters past, present, future and MIA!

8 hours ago, oldslapper said:

I stayed in touch with Thumper after his Finnbass demise. 

Still in touch with Thumper on FB (not Finnbass) - he has strong opinions, a wicked sense of humour, and is really great on electronics. He is a good guy in my opinion. BBC - Big Cheese or whatever appeared on Finnbass for a bit after he was ejected from BassChat, but he did not hang around that long there either. As far as I can recall the only person who really got thrown off FB (rather than left of their own accord) was Bass Ferret who overstepped the mark on several occasions. I don't think there was much actual moderation, more of a class action by the membership.    

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BeLow said:

. . . . As far as I can recall the only person who really got thrown off FB (rather than left of their own accord) was Bass Ferret who overstepped the mark on several occasions.

That doesn't surprise me!!

I had taken a break from BassChat starting sometime in 2017, but I started lurking a few weeks ago. I was sent a message by Lurksalot asking me to pop in as a couple of people were asking after me. To be honest this really surprised me. I can’t remember exactly why I left, but I think it was because I felt that I was being too miserable and not really contributing as a bass player.

The one person I was really sad to see no longer here was iCastle. However, there have been mentions of several people in this thread whose presence I enjoyed (I am just really, really bad at remembering names, so didn’t know to miss them, if you see what I mean).

I am not sure coming back right now (considering the reason I left) is such a good idea. Christmas has done a proper number on me (it always does, but this year seems particularly difficult for some reason), and we’re also in the middle of moving house, which I am finding incredibly stressful. We’ll see how it goes.

One good thing about the house move is that I am getting a much larger hobby room, part of which I want to turn into a miniature home recording studio. So I may well have to start asking here for advice.

• Like 9

I miss JTUK. His constant proclamations of being amazing and what his vastly excessive tech requirements were for foldback monitoring.

Then you find out he's playing "The Tickled Trout," in front of a massive plasma screen showing the FA Cup replay of Stoke v Crewe.

How he only played with "named professionals," and was so amazingly talented at bass he could sneer at some of the greatest players to ever pick up the instrument yet provided no evidence of how he was apparently better.

What a tool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

The vast majority of names mentioned in this thread were not banned (waynepunkdude and bass ferret certainly were). Most have, I guess, chosen to leave or take a break because life and priorities move on. A number of the named members did indeed leave in the (as was charmingly described) "mass dummy spitting event" in 2015. I was one of them and I will not rake over old coals. I rejoined after 4 years and enjoy spending my time on here.

• Like 4