Why become a member? ×

Bc Members

Thunderbird

I like to think that they've transcended* to a higher level of bass playing, one where they are no longer concerned with mundane matters such as GAS or fingers vs pick or which bass is best for metal.

*transcended in Budhist/karmic way...not dead.

Edited by Cato
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, jezzaboy said:

I wonder what became of @OutToPlayJazz and @icastle. Just 2 I can think of off the top of my head. But I suppose some people just get fed up and move on.

OTPJ was a great source of wisdom.

I think there is a story as far as icastle is concerned. I just can't remember what it is 😬. There may have been a falling out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Clarky said:

@discreetwas always entertaining and also a fine bassist (I saw him play live with Pigbag maybe 10 years ago). I recall he did occasionally take breaks from BC and this may be another of those

It was the Precision he played 'Papa's Got A Brand New Pigbag' on that he sold me, a song I still love.

• Like 1

@xilddx  @Tinman @Mrs Tinman

@OutToPlayJazz @ShergoldSnickers @discreet @Zoe_BillySheehan  @Josh

@jakenewmanbass

Of course there was @OldGit, who will always be missed.

I seem to recall their being someone called The Butler who was in a band called Midas Fall, bought their first album which was very impressive.  

There was The Funk (?). 

@discreet is one of the funniest people I know.  I don't think I've met anyone else who's got a euphemism for almost everything. 

I'm probably in a small minority of the people, who've been here long enough to remember Beefy,  who found him to be a complete derrière. 

Edited by Marvin
Grammmmer
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1