Why become a member? ×

..hello, my name is ba55fr33k and i am a bass-oholic.. there, i said it

ba55fr33k

grew up in london NW4 moved to canada to escape thatcher

started playing in high school on my friends dads EB3 he traded it in for a p-bass and i still hate him for it but i digress

bought my first bass in a pawn shop, hollowbody country western special, no idea what kind it was that only lasted a few months before some drunk idiot fell over on it crushing the body and snapping off the neck.. i had it hanging on my wall for a while as decor.. wish i still had it

sold my bike one day and blew the cash on a japanese p-bass (which i still have) and started a band which was heavily influenced by Spinal Tap .. 4x12 Peavey head & cab was next 

i was making monthly payments on the Peavey cab so i was in the music shop every week at least.. thats when the best deal of my short life fell in my lap .. Rickenbacker, 3 years old at the time, shop owner didnt want it for some reason but dude was trying to trade it in on some other gear.. i said i would take it if i could make payments and the deal was made.. its now my most valuable musical posession

ripped out the frets in my p-bass after reading Bass Player Mag issue on Jaco .. best decision ever .. cant be out of tune if you can play anywhere on the string!

since then ive gone acoustic, upright, warwick, couple warlocks, a custom handmade, home made bass 6, orange mk3 and more pedals than i care to admit

happy to talk about my mods and looking for some advice on upgrades

pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name.. 🎸

20211229_161156.jpg

20211229_161547.jpg

20211229_161707.jpg

20211229_161806.jpg

20211229_161303.jpg

20211229_161425.jpg

20211229_161450.jpg

Edited by ba55fr33k
spelling
  • Like 2