Why become a member? ×

Now £550. MIJ Yamaha BB1100s blond/natural - *SOLD*
£625
Somerset/London

Richard Jinman

Up for sale is my BB1100s in natural/blond. It's a Japanese made bass and the serial number is KZQ0084 (I'm 95 per cent that's right - it's hard to see the letters stamped into the back of the headstock). This bass needs little introduction. Sounds great passive, but has capable active circuitry when required. She's just come back from a set up, so the action/intonation is good to go (for my finger style at least). 9v battery is relatively new. The bass is wearing DR Sunbeams which sound fantastic on BB1100s. They're OK, but not new. Condition of the bass is really good for an 80s instrument. The most serious battle wound is on the top edge (as you're holiding it) where there are a couple of dings. Please see photo 7 to assess them. Because the bass is blond they're less discernable, but they're there. Tuners work well and frets are in good condition. I don't have the kind of scales that can provide an accurate weight, but I've owned a couple of these and they all seem to come in at about 3.9-something kg. So circa 4kg I guess. If someone would like a more forensic weight I'll try to rig something up. I bought this from a BC'er several years ago without a hard case, so delivery (at buyer's expense) would be via the gig bag/bass box route. Pick up from either South Somerset or central London would be welcome. Any questions please ask, thanks. 

Tui-2.jpg

Tui-3.jpg

Tui-4.jpg

Tui-5.jpg

Tui-6.jpg

Tui-7.jpg

Tui-8.jpg

Tui-9.jpg

Tui-10.jpg

Tui-11.jpg

Tui-12.jpg

Tui.jpg

Edited by Richard Jinman
  • Like 9

• Richard Jinman changed the title to SOLD SOLD…Now £550. MIJ Yamaha BB1100s blond/natural