Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Mesa Boogie Subway Plus Di-Preamp £300
£310
Manchester

three

Mesa Boogie Subway Plus Di-Preamp in excellent (almost 'as new') condition - £300.  The unit functions perfectly and the only minor imperfections are a few micro nicks on a couple of edges.  I'm being really picky here - these really are tiny but I'm obsessive about this kind of thing.  I touched in the marks with some black acrylic on an 00 brush and they're now almost imperceptible (they were almost invisible without the touch-up!)  

The specs for the unit are available here: https://www.mesaboogie.com/amplifiers/bass/preamplifier-series/subway-bass-di-preamp-plus/preamp-plus.html.  Essentially, the unit is the front-end of a Mesa Subway D-800+ amp.  It's extremely full-featured and a very versatile tool.  It's actually overkill for me - I have a few pre-DIs and just need something very simple, hence the sale (but a listing that may be withdrawn quickly if an incoming simple pre doesn't fit the bill).  The high-pass and voicing controls work superbly well, as do the semi parametric mids.  The unit has adhesive rubber feet on the bottom - they work well and are slip resistant but are not original (as far as I know, the unit wasn't supplied with the feet and I suspect that most people simply apply velcro anyway).  All original packing and documentation is included - Mesa does not supply a PSU - I've used a battery for simplicity and the results are excellent.  

As far as I can see, these are almost impossible to source in the UK and Europe - Anderton's and GuitarGuitar have the item listed (on order) at between £409 to £449 but neither have had stock for a very long time (and, given supply issues, aren't likely to have any in the near future, if at all).  

Price is £300 and I can ship in the UK - at buyer's risk - at cost and with insurance for around £15 (or a little less).  I'm taking quite a hit on this so no offers thanks, and I'm not looking for any trades.  Please ignore the £310 price in the listing too - this was an error and I'm unable to change it.

Any questions, please just ask, and mods, if this should be advertised in another section, please feel free to move!  

IMG_5281.JPG

32108F2D-6672-4ADA-A3BE-A083005C4693.jpeg

Edited by three
  • Like 1

• three changed the title to Mesa Boogie Subway Plus Di-Preamp £300
  • three changed the title to SOLD - Mesa Boogie Subway Plus Di-Preamp £300
  • Silvia Bluejay locked this topic