Why become a member? ×

Would I benefit from changing my current pedalboard for an HX Stomp.

obbm

I've never been a great one for effects however I recently joined a new band and have decided that a few of the numbers could benefit from some effects.  I should add that I will not be using a backline and will go directly into the Bose PA.  Currently my board is Tuner -> Spectracomp -> Mooer Chorus -> MXR Envelope -> Thumpinator -> Sansamp BDDI -> PA. I need to have a couple of effects set up plus the ability to switch quickly from fingerstyle to a slap tone. In the  interests of flexibility and compactness would I benefit from replacing the board with an HX Stomp.

I mean, maybe. 😁

Is there something your current board can't do? Or could do better? The Stomp will certainly be able to replace your current board and much more but as ever digital comes with compromises. I'm two years in and still adjusting patch levels!

I love the Stomp but I still use other stuff too, it's not all things to all people. 

• Like 1

I replaced my board with a stomp, and for the most part I am very happy. It can do everything my board did and more in a much smaller and lighter package. 

What I would say is if you are in the position to buy the stomp first and try it first before offloading all your pedals.

I would say I got rid of my pedals too quickly, I still miss my Cali76CB, i should really buy another one, but the stomp has decent compressors in it, and I now can't really justify £250 on a single pedal. I guess that shows how good the stomp is.

• Like 1

Thanks Stew. The Stomp arrives today so we’ll see how I get on.

I was resigned to the fact that at. 75 I would probably never find another band, especially in a new area where I knew no-one. However someone I chatted to whilst walking the dogs knew someone who knew someone who had a band and was looking for a bass. I made contact, went along to a rehearsal and that was it. Nice folks and interesting music, slightly funky blues. Strong Bonnie Raitt and Keb Mo influences. First gig next month, COVID permitting.

• Like 4

If you have a pc/Mac, be sure to use the Line6 editor for setting up your sounds; it makes everything so much easier, particularly as you can use a good size screen rather than the diminutive one on the Stomp itself. All you need is to connect PC to Stomp via USB printer cable. 
Am in similar age group and made the change pretty easily. I also have patches set up for acoustic and electric guitars for use in our duo.

Glad you’ve found a nice band - good luck!

• Like 1