Why become a member? ×

2022 Gear abstinence thread

bassfan

2 minutes ago, neepheid said:

Please document the reason for your disqualification ;)

My will power was tested when I was approached to see if I was still interested in a fairly rare pedal I’ve wanted for a long time. Needless to say, I failed the test. 😂

I've been silent as I felt sure that signing up for abstinence was a waste of time as I have (or at least had) severe P bass GAS.  I was about to pull the trigger on a Player series that was reduced, when it went before I could commit :facepalm:. I'm now in a period of reflection having played my Maruszczyk  Elwood L, J type for a fair session (I had to stop as I was getting a tight, plucking hand, forearm - my practice regime has been somewhat remiss of late) and that P bass tone is right there, thanks to the Delano humbucking pickups (basically splits in a narrow housing), plus a variety of blends (well 5 in total to my ears) that the extra pickup supplies. So I'm still purchase free for 2022 (he says on just day 10)! However, I feel GAS will get the better of me and I'll see an offer I can't resist. But for now, I'm still in 😬.

1 hour ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

Can I ask? Is anyone left?! I'm certainly not 😂

Yeah, I'm still in (technically). My Bo Selecta has still not yet arrived. Zero impact on my signal chain since the start of the year.

1 minute ago, PatrickJ said:

Me too, despite the efforts of others on this thread who have highlighted more than one item in the classifies to me.

All's fair in love and pedals.

1 hour ago, AndyTravis said:

Me!!!

😂😂😂

Like rain on your wedding day

Andy T with no new gear to play?

Quite ironic.

But let's face it, you've been thinking about fancy new gear since 12 45pm on 1 Jan. And we all know it's the thought that counts 😉

I hadn't signed up so can't be out.

Can I?

Against the odds of anyone having one to move on, Davie @kodiakblair answered my wanted post for a Retrovibe Renegade, and so my lightweight Faker itch is going to get scratched very soon :)  Should be a nice little project.

• Like 1

Still good here. Got 2-3 I want to sell, whichever goes first decides what stays - it's quite exciting really. My band finally seems to have woken up after the New Year and we have a rehearsal Weds hopefully - that'll give me something to actually do with what I have.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

Erm, I accidentally bought this by mistake 😅

956F6688-EBC1-4E95-AFCA-DBE36886FDAC.jpeg

We’re you ‘just browsing’ and tripped and fell on the keyboard, hitting the add to basket and then the confirm buttons? Happens.

• Haha 1

• Silvia Bluejay changed the title to Gear abstinence thread
  • bassfan changed the title to 2022 Gear abstinence thread