Why become a member? ×

2022 Gear abstinence thread

bassfan

I'm actually in for basses this year!
There's a chance I'll want to buy another amp (if the company releases it soon.....inside knowledge), but we'll see. I think I might also need to replace a broken envelope pedal, but that'll be within the rules.

But yes....no basses for sure!

Si

Edited by Sibob

On 03/01/2022 at 23:11, neepheid said:

I don't think it counts - direct replacement of missing/defective item. Followed by replacement of whoever neglected to return your volume pedal.

Hopefully when you communicate to them the pressing need for its return they'll do the right thing.

It has been returned - my last purchase of 2021 was a pedal board, so I have spent some time setting up and organising (ahead of the theatre show)

image.thumb.png.4120be7067bd2828ebc32aa8712e80bf.png

• Like 1

Just now, binky_bass said:

Can we have a 1st week of January amnesty? There's something I want to buy... 😂

I know @lee650 has a pedal I fancy trying…I wonder if he’d let me borrow it for a bit so I don’t make a fool of myself so early on…

as I have so many times before…ask Mrs T.

8 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

I know @lee650 has a pedal I fancy trying…I wonder if he’d let me borrow it for a bit so I don’t make a fool of myself so early on…

as I have so many times before…ask Mrs T.

Can’t Mrs T buy it for you as a present and gift it to you 🤔

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, walshy said:

Well I’m well and truly out. I’ll buy you it and give me the cash in 2023😂

Had a chat with Lee - like a true friend, he’s endured more demos and recordings of my band than anyone else…

“you don’t need it - it wouldn’t suit your band”

Good lad.

as a point @bassfan I’ve just been given a drive pedal by a guitarist mate, am I still in?

2809B4C0-5A67-4204-8D0E-F9052BB5E5E9.jpeg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Had a chat with Lee - like a true friend, he’s endured more demos and recordings of my band than anyone else…

“you don’t need it - it wouldn’t suit your band”

Good lad.

as a point @bassfan I’ve just been given a drive pedal by a guitarist mate, am I still in?

2809B4C0-5A67-4204-8D0E-F9052BB5E5E9.jpeg

Given… still in IMO!! 👊🏻

2 hours ago, binky_bass said:

Can we have a 1st week of January amnesty? There's something I want to buy... 😂

Yes, this is a fantastic idea. 

Totally outside the ideals of what this thread is about, but means I'm back in. 😄

• Haha 1

@Merton so this is what made me end up on the naughty step. It's a 2015 Thunderbird with the coil taps. It's in super condition and I managed to get hold of it for a good price. 

It came strung with completely dead high tension flat wounds and was set up a mile high. It's now got round wounds on it and the action is very low. 

Goodness knows when I'll ever use it but it was too shiny to resist :)

27E830FF-FA93-49A9-AD8B-DC5CCFF7DD9A.jpeg

2616F5A0-AB67-46B2-849F-04C497A6CD7A.jpeg

Edited by Old Horse Murphy
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

@Merton so this is what made me end up on the naughty step. It's a 2015 Thunderbird with the coil taps. It's in super condition and I managed to get hold of it for under a grand. 

It came strung with completely dead high tension flat wounds and was set up a mile high. It's now got round wounds on it and the action is very low. 

Goodness knows when I'll ever use it but it was too shiny to resist :)

27E830FF-FA93-49A9-AD8B-DC5CCFF7DD9A.jpeg

2616F5A0-AB67-46B2-849F-04C497A6CD7A.jpeg

That is a fine looking bass, well worth getting sent to the naughty step! 

• Thanks 1

So here's one for you and I'm hoping you'll judge me favourably and leniently...

Before NYE I bought and paid for a bass on EBay which was due to arrive today. 

In the meantime, I bought another bass (Thunderbird) which was paid for in January and arrived today, so it was a complete and utter failure on my behalf of the 2022 abstinence I signed up to. 

The EBay bass duly arrived today and is a dud. The preamp doesn't work, so I have started a return request for it and it will be going back imminently for a full refund. 

While I appreciate the intent was there in buying the Thunderbird in 2022, as the bass I paid for in 2021 is going back for a full refund, does the 2022 purchase in fact now replace this one so I'm technically still in the game?! :)

• Silvia Bluejay changed the title to Gear abstinence thread
  • bassfan changed the title to 2022 Gear abstinence thread