Why become a member? ×

2022 Gear abstinence thread

bassfan

34 minutes ago, bassfan said:

🤔 Do you already have one? 

Yeah, had two in fact. AND they both still exist as far I'm aware. 

It's only reasonable to discount the void that is lockdown, right? 

Nov 20 --> [lockdown void] --> Jan 22

I mean, apart from all the gigs we did over the last 6 months, and AndyT churning 36 basses, nothing much has happened in between, right? 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Al Krow said:

Yeah, had two in fact. AND they both still exist as far I'm aware. 

It's only reasonable to discount the void that is lockdown, right? 

Nov 20 --> [lockdown void] --> Jan 22

I mean, apart from all the gigs we did over the last 6 months, and AndyT churning 36 basses, nothing much has happened in between, right? 

Don’t get salty on me because you’ve rumbled…bloody pedal rustling.

I think you’ll find…I’m still in…

(and it was about 15/20, not 36…) image.png.44682ad96deb7b6d139bfd3d11503a21.png

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Don’t get salty on me because you’ve rumbled…bloody pedal rustling.

I think you’ll find…I’m still in…

(and it was about 15/20, not 36…) image.png.44682ad96deb7b6d139bfd3d11503a21.png

Sorry, I was getting confused with your inner leg measurement...

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

Case for the defence....

4. I'm just replacing a bit of kit that I had previously and not really trying something new (third time lucky with this one). 

Just thinking out loud here, but if this were allowed to wash, then wouldn't @AndyTravisbe allowed to buy any bass he wants on the grounds that he used to own one? 🤣🤣

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Do you know, I've already had messages saying "since you're out of bassfan's challenge, would you be interested in buying this hardly used, low mileage piece of kit..."? 

Your reputation precedes you mate 😉 buy another board! 😂

4 hours ago, neepheid said:

It's want, not need you have to concern yourself with in this game ;)

WANT is easy, i have no problem dismissing my WANT. my problem is NEED, usually it’s really urgent and a matter of life and death, i’m really good in finding excuses why i NEED something...

I may be out soon.... someone has borrowed my volume pedal and not returned it, and I'm doing 2 weeks in a pit orchestra from wednesday (where the literal mandatory pedal to have is a volume pedal)
Let's hope someone owes up on my facebook post

Edited by gapiro

16 minutes ago, gapiro said:

I may be out soon.... someone has borrowed my volume pedal and not returned it, and I'm doing 2 weeks in a pit orchestra from wednesday (where the literal mandatory pedal to have is a volume pedal)

Buying kit doesn’t count if it’s for work surely? Where’s the fun in that?

30 minutes ago, gapiro said:

I don't think it counts - direct replacement of missing/defective item. Followed by replacement of whoever neglected to return your volume pedal.

Hopefully when you communicate to them the pressing need for its return they'll do the right thing.

1 minute ago, binky_bass said:

I'll join, but in a similar vein to @hiram.k.hackenbacker - I have a fully paid up for ACG that's due to arrive in a few weeks, as it's fully paid up and just waiting to be shipped I'm thinking it doesn't count! 

if the consensus agree, add me to the list! 

That exception was in the original Gear Abstinence Thread, so I'm sure it still stands.

When I ordered my Shuker I did think that I would have received it in 2021 before my final gigs of the year.

I could have paid for it outright before 1/1/22, but that's not what Jon asked for so 🤷‍♂️

I’m in again, a successful 2021 challenger!  The only thing that I might want would be a pickup for my DB. However, I’ll only be buying that if I ever get to the point of gigging again (or finding musicians to play with) so that’s unlikely. I’ll cross that bridge if it happens.  In the meantime I’m contemplating a sale of excess gear, although I do get sentimentally attached to stuff - for example my not even run-in (2 rehearsals) BF Super Twin that friends and family contributed towards as a 50th birthday present. 

• Like 1