Why become a member? ×

2022 Gear abstinence thread

bassfan

In the time honoured tradition of kidding myself about my will power and following on from the previous years, here’s the 2022 thread… I’m not sure who’s still in from last year, but I managed a whole 6 months. 

the list :

@bassfanOut 10/01 pedal I’ve wanted for ages! 😃 I have no need for anything else now. 😂 

@PatrickJ

@AndyTravisOut - Feb - several nice Musicman basses

@Downunderwonder

@hiram.k.hackenbacker
@Chiliwailer

@Old Horse MurphyOut 10/01 with a pretty Bass 

@Mudpup

@neepheid
@jimmyb625

@Geek99
@MaudeOut 08/01 new bass (I think)

@Thunderbird

@dclaassen
@Merton
@gapiro

@Richard R

@Machines
@dave moffat

@Sibob
@binky_bassOut 08/01. No idea what with  yet 😂

@TorturedSaints
@bass_dinger
@lozkerr
@Lozz196 Out 10/01 tone hammer pedal

@QuillyOut 28/01 Sandberg

@Quatschmacher
@Jean-Luc Pickguard
@KevOut 12/02 Alpher Bass!
@Al Krowback In. 

Edited by bassfan
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

I’m in for sure. 

Shouldn’t be too hard as  I just bought a bass on Xmas Eve that was unexpected, but one that had been very keen on getting for some time. My other 3 are keepers, and having 4 is already maxing me out for space.

So, yeah, fingers crossed I can abstain. Also aiming to be more on the outernet than internet next year, so being off BC will be a huge help 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As per usual my aim is to offload. I know I have the right gear for my needs so none of that is going anywhere, but depending on how the year & COVID goes I may well do a bit of buying & selling to try stuff out and for something to do.

Edited by Lozz196

6 minutes ago, Grahambythesea said:

A fail I’m afraid 👎

Allowances:

- If you have put down a deposit on something before committing to this, which then requires a final payment within 2019, that single payment permitted. However you may wish to explore whether you can pay the balance early (if you're a little OCD like me).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Allowances:

- If you have put down a deposit on something before committing to this, which then requires a final payment within 2019, that single payment permitted. However you may wish to explore whether you can pay the balance early (if you're a little OCD like me).

Can I please have a ride in your Tardis?

In solidarity with our luthier brethren the rule should be order confirmation date. That way no late in year orders count against next year. Let's face it, most of us fail to get to the end of the year so end of year orders would become freebies on next year and luthiers would start the year with a nice full order book.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

I want to try. I do. 

I don’t know who I’m trying to kid…

Likewise mate haha 😆 

I’m already out though, I commissioned a new Zoot bass this year which will be making its way home in 2022. Though to be fair it was paid for this year too, so does that really count for my 2021 intake?