Why become a member? ×

2022 Gear abstinence thread

bassfan

1 minute ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Sorry, but there is only one winner and that's me. Bought one bass and sold seven so far, which brings me to -6.

Who can beat that? Exactly, no one, WINNING 😁

Picture-5.webp.22f126c61050002fb32c7c2eb88c7ef7.webp

Sold a few bits and bobs…no basses…an amp, effects….and yeah. Basses keep on arriving…

On 22/02/2022 at 11:51, gapiro said:

I've had a windfall of £1800 in teh form of rediscovered premium bonds, given as an inheritance when I was a little un

I'm debating if I want to put it as a deposit for the bass I've always wanted 
Or
towards the kitchen refurb we need to do....

A takeaway is cheaper to get in than a bass player for the night. 

That faultless logic should guide you down the righteous path. 

On 01/02/2022 at 21:36, Machines said:

I've seen probably 2 I normally would have bought by now, but rationalised them away. Don't think I'll make the year by any means but it's good to be able to hold back for once.

If any of the 'always wanted' basses come up at the right price, I'm out.

I'm looking at you Yamaha RBX6JM.

So after several years i've looking and just missing out, this is exactly what has happened. I was browsing eBay new listings Friday PM, scroll scroll boring boring.... scroll..... OMG 🥴

Contacted the seller and we made a good deal, i'm very happy with the price. The irony is that not a a couple of hours earlier i'd broke my challenge accidentally winning a local Vintage VJ74 on eBay, which I had no intention of winning but put in such a low price I wasn't worried, yet it's here now. It's actually pretty decent, not sure what i'm going to do with it yet, though.

The Myung is expected Tue/Wed.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.84ddc8a4bdd1326a254cf5d47bf0cc2c.jpg

Edited by Machines
  • Like 11

42 minutes ago, Machines said:

So after several years i've looking and just missing out, this is exactly what has happened. I was browsing eBay new listings Friday PM, scroll scroll boring boring.... scroll..... OMG 🥴

Contacted the seller and we made a good deal, i'm very happy with the price. The irony is that not a a couple of hours earlier i'd broke my challenge accidentally winning a local Vintage VJ74 on eBay, which I had no intention of winning but put in such a low price I wasn't worried, yet it's here now. It's actually pretty decent, not sure what i'm going to do with it yet, though.

I saw this and VERY nearly bought it! You're lucky I had an unexpected bout of self-control! 😄

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Machines said:

Looks nicer than I had previously intimated :)

15 hours ago, Machines said:

Sweet!

• 4 weeks later...

So close to 3 months, ahh well.

I'm still in.  Been laid low with COVID but got back to band rehearsals this week and took my JC (thinking I might get tired so take the lightest bass I own).  And I fell in love with it all over again.  I'm confident I can make it a little longer, even with the cooncil's "gift" of £150 off the council tax next month...

• Like 1

Dammit, I'm out. I was super confident this year that i would make it to the finish line as well 😡

I sold my Handbox a few weeks ago and there was a little envelope of cash sitting in the toy fund. I put it in the draw to try and forget about it and was doing well until @40hz listed probably the only amp that had a chance of knocking me off the wagon. He's a great guy that I had dealt with before and the amp was at a great price. My resolve failed miserably and within 24 hrs I had grabbed it and gigged it. It's bloody brilliant..... 

See you all in 2023!

• Like 3

• Silvia Bluejay changed the title to Gear abstinence thread
  • bassfan changed the title to 2022 Gear abstinence thread