Why become a member? ×

Peterson Strobostomp (I or II??) For Trade....

BassJase

I've decided to get rid of my Peterson Strobostomp tuner, basically because I just don't like the readout on it.
I've had some history with this.... I bought it, and for the first time a few months ago decided to plug it into a mains adaptor, and it went bang. :)
It was officially dead, smoke and everything, so I contacted Peterson to see if any replacement parts could be bought. They were more than amazing and sent me the whole new innards for it, so the only original thing I had to keep was the metal casing. (the blowout was my fault, its american voltage and polarity and I just overloaded it with the adaptor I used. Using it on the battery is fine though, and it last forever....)

I fitted the new guts, and its obviously as amazing as it should be now. The only thing to intrigue me now is that the note encolsed with the new insides said "We've sent you the new improved version." As I looked and compared it to the old insides it was true, this one has one more switch inside the battery compartment (3 instead of 2) and my only guess is that they've sent me the new Strobostomp II innards (although i'm not postive.)

Anyhow, everyone knows how superb these things are.
Here's the link to the Peterson website so you can read for yourself why they're regarded as probably the best stage tuner available;

[url="http://www.petersontuners.com/"]http://www.petersontuners.com/[/url]

But the website should just say; Does everthing, its bloody great. :rolleyes:
You can save your own preferred odd-tunings, its got settings for basses/guitars whatever, including the buzz-feiten system, plus tonnes of other stuff for capo tunings/drop tunings, a D.I output, and god knows whatever else.

My only problem is that I just don't like the display readout. It takes me ages to remember which way is flat/sharp and it just gets on my tits.
So what i'm after ideally is a swap with or without cash adjustment. I'm after a decent pedal tuner, but may be tempted with a rack tuner (not Behringer, already got one and the trackings toooooo bloody slow for me.) May also possibly be tempted with a multi-fx, let me know what you have...

Its never been gigged or even taken to rehearsals, i've had a cheapo behringer tuner pedal in my floorboard.
Anyway, heres the beasty shown working (so you know i'm not flogging a lemon) and let me know if there's any interest. Cheers!

Edited by BassJase

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='456006' date='Apr 7 2009, 12:19 AM']Trade for a Korg DTR-2 rack tuner?

Let me know.

Cheers[/quote]

Cheers for the offer amigo, but i've realised that I really do need a decent floor tuner as opposed to anothe rack jobby, thanks anyway though... :)

Price wise, i'm really not sure what to ask. S/H Strobo 1's go for around £70/80ish, and i'm watching a Strobo 2 on Evil bay now and its sat at £90 with over another day to go.
I'm guessing that around £80 is fair, so considering the going-rate prices of other S/H pedal tuners the cash adjustment would go something like....

Boss TU2 (go for around £35 S/H) so add £45-ish...
Korg DT-10 (go for around £35/40 S/H) so add £40/45-ish...

Although obviously this is dependant on the condition and current market prices. I just missed out on a TU2 on Gumtree the other day that was "as-new" and went for £18......!

Cheers for thie interest though everyone. I keep getting told to stick with it and give it more of a chance, so strike while the irons hot!

[quote name='BassJase' post='455819' date='Apr 6 2009, 08:36 PM']My only problem is that I just don't like the display readout. It takes me ages to remember which way is flat/sharp and it just gets on my tits.[/quote]
Most hilariously honest 'reason for sale' EVER.

We need more of these. Take a bow!

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='459234' date='Apr 10 2009, 12:57 PM']Most hilariously honest 'reason for sale' EVER.

We need more of these. Take a bow![/quote]

Cheers fella! They say honesty is the best policy and all that rubbish.

PM's replied to now but its still available, gonna put it on EvilBay but still open to offers here.... :)
Cheers!

[quote name='deksawyer' post='463921' date='Apr 16 2009, 01:41 PM']How about a straight swap for a brand new unopened Korg Pitchblack+??

[url="http://www.korg.com/Product.aspx?pd=419"]http://www.korg.com/Product.aspx?pd=419[/url]

D.[/quote]

Looks like its going to this fine gentleman, cheers mate!
And many thanks to the other interested parties, sorry chaps but its found a new home now. Thanks again though :)