Why become a member? ×

Effectrode LA-1A

E sharp

Not much info on these on Basschat - apart from a random sale a while ago . 

I like what the Diamond does as an always on compressor - I'm using it more of as a tone enhancer really . 

The Effectrode PC-2A is in a similar vein I suppose , and was thinking of one of those - or maybe go the full hog with the LA-1A . Though a fair bit more pricey . 

Have any one of you lovely peeps had a play around with either?

Paul

I’ve had the PC-2A and it was a lovely wee unit. To my memory it was a warm, vintage sounding unit.  It made my p bass sound all warm and fat. I wasn’t really that well versed in compression back then but I enjoyed what it did to my tone and it made me thing of that classic old school sound. My gear got stolen and that’s the only reason I no longer have it. I don’t think I recall it being super squishy or at least that wouldn’t have been my type of setting. I do use an LA-2A comp in my daw as an always on (in the aux) parallel comp and think it’s a great match on bass. It’s a studio standard!

The LA-1A looks class and I’ve no doubt it would sound great but I’ve not heard any examples yet (goes off looking for bass samples of the LA-1A on bass)

Edited by krispn