Why become a member? ×

Please help! Which multi effects pedal to get

Jimothey

Hi everyone and Merry Christmas 

I'm looking to get a multi effects pedal and I've watched some reviews on the zoom b1 four and the vox stomplab sl1b and they both look as good as each other but I want some opinions on which one everyone thinks is the better option?

I've searxhed on here and found some info about the zoom but not alot cane up about the vox....... 👍🏻 

Edited by Jimothey
  • Like 1

Have a ganders on the Zoom Site...

The X has the pedal.

Different Amp Sims, I had a 4 and sold it for the earlier On for the Marshall Super Bass amp sim not on the 4.

The 4 has a better user interface with the 4x knobs to adjust settings, rather than scrolling thru and 1 knob on the on...

If you are a 'Set and Forget' for a lot of the patches might not be an issue

On works only with the Tonelib software as another way for set up... 4 works with Tonelib and Zoom's GuitarLab.

Download and check the manual and effects lists... see whats got what ya want and will the 4's interface help you use it more in the way you need?

The X pedal can be handy for Vol and Wah... can be used on other paramaters, but not ALL as thec4 manual sort of aludes too,

Home or Gig?

21 minutes ago, PaulThePlug said:

Have a ganders on the Zoom Site...

The X has the pedal.

Different Amp Sims, I had a 4 and sold it for the earlier On for the Marshall Super Bass amp sim not on the 4.

The 4 has a better user interface with the 4x knobs to adjust settings, rather than scrolling thru and 1 knob on the on...

If you are a 'Set and Forget' for a lot of the patches might not be an issue

On works only with the Tonelib software as another way for set up... 4 works with Tonelib and Zoom's GuitarLab.

Download and check the manual and effects lists... see whats got what ya want and will the 4's interface help you use it more in the way you need?

The X pedal can be handy for Vol and Wah... can be used on other paramaters, but not ALL as thec4 manual sort of aludes too,

Home or Gig?

Its only for home use I just wanted to dip my toe in the world of effects and thought that a multi fx pedal would be a good option so obviously I don't want to spend too much I did have a look on the zoom website and I'll probably not use all the effects I'll mostly use the usual suspects dirt/octave/comp/chorus and auto wah etc

Out of the b1x on and the b1 four which one would you recommend? 👍🏻 

Edited by Jimothey

4 minutes ago, Bunion said:

I started with a Zoom B3, not the most modern but some great voices in  it plus it has a DI output.
You can pick them up really cheap. 

It allowed me to realise I prefer analogue pedals. 

I did look at them but the cheapest I've seen the b3's are over £100 because this is my first multi fx pedal I kinda wanted to keep it a bit cheaper than that...... 👍🏻 

Honestly... check the effects n amp list... 

Pedal is handy for Vol... make sure you wont be missing something..

As mentioned i'm on the B1on for the Marshall SIM... and prefer the shape.

You will need an older style USB lead for connecting to the Tonelib...

Both are headphone amps with drum patterns...

It also depends on whats about?... The add says £40 or offers, £40 posted? for a lot of fun!

• Thanks 1

I've owned a B1XFour (while owning other previous generation gear). B1on/Xon is better, sounds better/fuller (B1Four sounds boxy in comparison) and less noisy. Equally functional, same 5 simultaneous FX, drums, looper. Widely available used for dirty cheap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 26/12/2021 at 17:33, Jimothey said:

Thanks for the replies

What about the older b1xon theres one on here for sale how do they stand up to the newer versions? 👍🏻 

I still use a B1on, the only trouble with them is adjusting patches is a faff, but once they're set up to your liking they're great, I recently got hold of a Tech21 Leeds pedal and have set up the Zoom to sound more or less the same

• Like 2