Why become a member? ×

Anyone play a Fender American De Luxe Zone active bass?

TerryVil

Hi I’m looking at buying one of these basses - I’ve never had an active bass before and wondered if anyone has any experience with this bass, what it’s like etc?

this one is in mint condition and is priced at £1300 inc a hard case

Any info would be useful - thanks

9 hours ago, TerryVil said:

I was hoping not too! I couldn’t do it myself - do you think I’d need to?

I'm just not a fan of Fender preamps.

Of course, it's been quite some time since I've played an American Deluxe Zone bass and the strings might have contributed to the poor sound quality, but when I try out basses, and I try out quite a few, I generally remember the ones that wow me and the ones that fail to move me...and I've read the preamps in those had more issues than just a poor/rushed design.

Other than that, if you're interested in owning a bass with a preamp, you can't do better than a G&L L2000, USA or Tribute...they have a preamp bypass so you can also play passive...even with a dead battery.

PhotoCollage_20211228_140146420.jpg

Edited by jd56hawk

16 hours ago, jd56hawk said:

I'm just not a fan of Fender preamps.

Of course, it's been quite some time since I've played an American Deluxe Zone bass and the strings might have contributed to the poor sound quality, but when I try out basses, and I try out quite a few, I generally remember the ones that wow me and the ones that fail to move me...and I've read the preamps in those had more issues than just a poor/rushed design.

Other than that, if you're interested in owning a bass with a preamp, you can't do better than a G&L L2000, USA or Tribute...they have a preamp bypass so you can also play passive...even with a dead battery.

PhotoCollage_20211228_140146420.jpg