Why become a member? ×

Level 42 Before Level42

Bean9seventy

2 minutes ago, BreadBin said:

Do you guys realise that turning this into another DOI-style circlew*nk is effectively bullying?

No, it had certainly never occurred to me at all. Perhaps you should hold the moderators to the same level of account as the DoI members, given that at least one has posted a similar vein meme on this thread already. 

I think that’s a suitable cue for exit. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

No, it had certainly never occurred to me at all. Perhaps you should hold the moderators to the same level of account as the DoI members, given that at least one has posted a similar vein meme on this thread already. 

I think that’s a suitable cue for exit. 

I must have missed it. Does that make it OK then?

38 minutes ago, BreadBin said:

Do you guys realise that turning this into another DOI-style circlew*nk is effectively bullying?

Can’t see it myself but if you say so. Surely bullying would invoke a victim of some sort and if you are suggesting the OP is the victim of a “DOI-style circlew*nk” then what does that consist of other than nonsense?

4 hours ago, Bean9seventy said:

cannot belive i have 4 whole pages of geeks talking about geek stuff, from eating spuds to cleaning ferrets,, wow

before i get into the next chapter on Fender basses i would like to shout this bass player out  ,, young guy, a little shy ,

saw him doing the entire Bowie, Roxy Music vamp in soho recently ,, & yes he can slap little bit Hello Guy

I thought it wouldn't be about Fenders because nobody used Fenders for funk. I seem to have missed a connection here.

31 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Can’t see it myself but if you say so. Surely bullying would invoke a victim of some sort and if you are suggesting the OP is the victim of a “DOI-style circlew*nk” then what does that consist of other than nonsense?

Narcissistic tw@ttery?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cato said:

My eyes aren't what they were ,is that a white flag of surrender or a tiny axe?

Parley not surrender.

CHAPTER III -- On Flags of Truce

Article 32

An individual is considered a parlementaire who is authorized by one of the belligerents to enter into communication with the other, and who carries a white flag. He has a right to inviolability, as well as the trumpeter, bugler, or drummer, the flag-bearer, and the interpreter who may accompany him.

— Hague Convention of 1899, Laws of War : Laws and Customs of War on Land (Hague II); July 29, 1899

Edited by Stub Mandrel
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Steve Browning said:

Which elicited this reply:

the dance floors were exciting,

think the music industry thing was a drink too big & a sandwich too small, for me especially

yes, there was a lot to it, Denmark st 1976 -80 ,, fact No1, get it right ,

Sadly not a scene that I was ever part of.

Growing up in Backward Buttf*ck, Gloucestershire. The only game in town was hanging out in Woolworths... :/

Wasn't Richard Clayderman the father of all dance floor U.K. Funk Unit ? Or was it Prince Charles and the City Big Band ? Or maybe was it Lou Macari and his Marvelous Floor Hoovering Accordion ? No it was Leo and the Duco Selmer Fenders, right ? Telex for you, Mark, it's the King. Wanna slap ? Yeah it's Davie504 before Davie 504, in the blink of 182 eyes. It's a rotten one, Johnny. Viva Las Vegas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1