Why become a member? ×

Bass refinish. But what color.?

bubinga5

I had this bass up for sale recently but i decided to keep it as its just an absolute joy of a bass to hear and play. Anyways im not a fan of black basses so when i realised Atelier Z basses are routed from the back so you can take the bell plate off i thought its going to look killer without it. And i can still put it and the pickguard on if needed. But im really not sure what color. I was thinking sonic blue then i was thinking going for a tobacco burst, then i was thinking going for a blue sparkle or a cream. Could do with some ideas..??. Its going to be high gloss in keeping with Atelier finishes whatever i choose. 

20211225_101254.jpg

20211225_101305.jpg

Edited by bubinga5

Who will be doing the refinish, as a burst is more difficult and time consuming, therefore more expensive?

Just something to bear in mind. 

My 2p worth on colour choice. Fiat did the 500 in a lovely dark turquoise, that with that neck and the blocks & binding would look great. I know you don't want a scratchplate, but a mint one with the turquoise would be fantastic. 

Turquoise Fiat 500 Anniversario

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Maude said:

Who will be doing the refinish, as a burst is more difficult and time consuming, therefore more expensive?

Just something to bear in mind. 

My 2p worth on colour choice. Fiat did the 500 in a lovely dark turquoise, that with that neck and the blocks & binding would look great. I know you don't want a scratchplate, but a mint one with the turquoise would be fantastic. 

Turquoise Fiat 500 Anniversario

Im going to ask David Wilson to do the work. He did Mr Travises Marcus Miller i believe.  Btw i dont like turquoise or anything green. 😆

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, bubinga5 said:

Im going to ask David Wilson to do the work. He did Mr Travises Marcus Miller i believe. 

Cool. No problem with a burst if a 'Prefeshnial' is doing it. Probably more costly than a solid colour, but you know what you're happy to pay. Wasn't sure if you wanted to have a go at it yourself. 

19 minutes ago, bubinga5 said:

Btw i dont like turquoise or anything green. 😆

I'll shut up then! 😄

Merry Christmas. 🙂👍

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bubinga5 said:

Im going to ask David Wilson to do the work. He did Mr Travises Marcus Miller i believe.  Btw i dont like turquoise or anything green. 😆

A wise wise move mate. He’s incredible and does all my finishing too. Oh and he’s a top guy to boot!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jd56hawk said:

I wouldn't have it refinished at all.

Looks great!

I'd just spend some pocket change and make a red stting mute and add some red Aurora strings.

PhotoCollage_20211225_225827866.jpg

BE4440DF-74E0-46B8-BADB-27E7A9B27F3F.jpeg.f6ceda1d73eba82b14f4dd7735438684.jpeg

(meant as the nicest possible jibe ☺️)

Si

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

oooh Ocean turquoise would look lovely. 
Sherwood green metallic too...
Outside traditional guitar colours BMW's Isle of Man green would look great on a bass...

If we're going for car colours (and let's face it, most of the Fender ones were anyway) I'd use Renault Liquid Yellow. Matching headstock. Black plate. 

No. I've just seen the white blocks and binding. That'll be awful...

LPB with matching headstock  then. 

2 hours ago, Sibob said:

BE4440DF-74E0-46B8-BADB-27E7A9B27F3F.jpeg.f6ceda1d73eba82b14f4dd7735438684.jpeg

(meant as the nicest possible jibe ☺️)

Si

Yes, but how so?

The red strings?

I haven't used them myself in seven years and the Epiphone is long gone.

The Chinese Classic Vibe?

Excellent bass!

Surely not the mute?🤔

Edited by jd56hawk