Why become a member? ×

G****r amp on a budget

SteveXFR

Hi everyone. I just gave my daughter a nice guitar for Christmas and she's only got a bass amp so really needs a guitar amp.  

Has anyone got suggestions for something with lots of gain and enough power for band practice but not much more than £100 used? She's playing metal so super creamy clean tones are not required.

50 minutes ago, ezbass said:

I like the sound of a guitar through a bass amp, just add appropriate fx.

We've tried it through my 500w Orange Terror and its a great clean sound but even with max gain and my preamp pedal at max gain it isn't particularly dirty. Probably for the best, I don't want my gear getting "borrowed"

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

We've tried it through my 500w Orange Terror and its a great clean sound but even with max gain and my preamp pedal at max gain it isn't particularly dirty. Probably for the best, I don't want my gear getting "borrowed"

probably for the best, but you could use a bass amp (you may have another?) with a cheap distortion pedal, I sometimes even use my Zoom B1on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveXFR said:

Fair enough. In which case an old, 2nd hand, Line6 Spider might be the way to go. IIRC they had a metal voicing in the presets.