Why become a member? ×

What Are You Up to This New Years Eve ?

Bluewine

We got home around 2am from the Buckinghamshire gig, and I managed to hit the pillow around 4am, after downloading the footage to the computer and faffing around a bit (I'm a girl, after all... 9_9😉).

Up at 9.15 this morning, not exactly bright eyed and bushy tailed, but feeling perfectly human.

Happy New Year to all! 🙂

• Like 1

Did my gig at a seaside hotel, depping with friends. Was supposed to be a DJ on with us to fill in the gaps in our sets and do the midnight shenanigans, but they never materialised so guess what? Yup, we played marathon sets as well as doing the countdown to 12 o clock etc, then the usual daft tunes afterwards. Police had cordoned off the street outside the hotel too, so carried my gear afterwards to my car parked strategically not outside the hotel but away from all the passing revellers. Got in at around 3am, bed around 4am. Nearly lost my voice today, but on the up side I got paid, yay! My regular band hasn't worked for nearly 8 weeks now, so some work was most welcome though, especially as just found out that 2 members have tested positive which means at least 2 gigs this coming week have to be cancelled, again!

Anyway, Happy New Year! 😄

Edited by casapete
Update
  • Like 1

We played the NYE Gig at The Barley Pop in Germantown, 3:00 - 6:00. Old folks hours.

This was our 3rd year playing The Barley Pop on NYE. The room was packed, great crowd. Very appreciative, nice tips.

We don't have much going on in January.

Blue

1641135934560~2.jpg

Edited by Bluewine
  • Like 6

Was supposed to have played our favourite venue on NYE after being booked there for 2020 which was obviously cancelled.

I Was convinced NYE would be cancelled and was surprised when government did nothing but was still apprehensive to play. Previous gig cancelled due to me having covid, keyboard player tested positive over Xmas.  I practiced the set the night before and then singer tested positive on NYE and gig had to be abandoned which was a bummer.

Ended up watching Disney films with the family.  Here's to a smoother 2022 everyone.

• Like 1

Our NYE gig was odd. The venue asked us to start at 9. This was probably to keep the punters in who were there.

About a dozen of our friends came down, which saved the night. The landlord has another venue a couple of miles away and had a tribute act on, who he'd sold 160 tickets for, thereby shooting us in the foot. It's happened before - last time he put us up against an Oasis tribute and we played one set to a nearly empty pub and were paid to go home.

We ended up doing 4 short sets going up to midnight and a 20 minute set after.
I was home at 1.15am.

This very venue:
web1tweaked.jpg

Edited by 12stringbassist
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, sbrag said:

Was supposed to have played our favourite venue on NYE after being booked there for 2020 which was obviously cancelled.

I Was convinced NYE would be cancelled and was surprised when government did nothing but was still apprehensive to play. Previous gig cancelled due to me having covid, keyboard player tested positive over Xmas.  I practiced the set the night before and then singer tested positive on NYE and gig had to be abandoned which was a bummer.

Ended up watching Disney films with the family.  Here's to a smoother 2022 everyone.

The Covid Culture is different in the States . I was in New Jersey for Christmas and I went to Wal Mart and every customer and employee had a mask on. Back here in Wisconsin nobody wears a mask except me.

Blue

16 hours ago, 12stringbassist said:

Our NYE gig was odd. The venue asked us to start at 9. This was probably to keep the punters in who were there.

About a dozen of our friends came down, which saved the night. The landlord has another venue a couple of miles away and had a tribute act on, who he'd sold 160 tickets for, thereby shooting us in the foot. It's happened before - last time he put us up against an Oasis tribute and we played one set to a nearly empty pub and were paid to go home.

We ended up doing 4 short sets going up to midnight and a 20 minute set after.
I was home at 1.15am.

This very venue:
web1tweaked.jpg

Great pic.

You guys have hair, cool.

Blue

Hi Blue.... I missed this thread when you posted it.

I've not seen any posts of yours for ages (last I heard you were struggling without gigs etc), Mind you I generally hideaway in the DOI thread so it's not surprising.

It's good to see that you are doing well.

I went down to Stroud to see my favourite band play ( I've not gigged for a few years now ,though that will change this year as I have started an acoustic duo and we have gigs lined up already), The Achievers, our very own @Jack_Stroud_Bass does a brilliant job of holding down the low end.

I had a fabulous night. The boys invited me back to "band headquarters" when the gig finished at1.30am for more beer and I staggered back to my hotel at 4.30 am.

The gig wasn't too busy, everything felt as safe as it could be, people were respectful of each other ( I nipped off to the loo just before midnight as I hate all that malarkey at the best of times!) and the venue was well organised.

Happy new year to you.

• Like 2

On 04/01/2022 at 11:14, Raymondo said:

Hi Blue.... I missed this thread when you posted it.

I've not seen any posts of yours for ages (last I heard you were struggling without gigs etc), Mind you I generally hideaway in the DOI thread so it's not surprising.

It's good to see that you are doing well.

I went down to Stroud to see my favourite band play ( I've not gigged for a few years now ,though that will change this year as I have started an acoustic duo and we have gigs lined up already), The Achievers, our very own @Jack_Stroud_Bass does a brilliant job of holding down the low end.

I had a fabulous night. The boys invited me back to "band headquarters" when the gig finished at1.30am for more beer and I staggered back to my hotel at 4.30 am.

The gig wasn't too busy, everything felt as safe as it could be, people were respectful of each other ( I nipped off to the loo just before midnight as I hate all that malarkey at the best of times!) and the venue was well organised.

Happy new year to you.

Hi Raymondo,

2021 brought me the busiest gigging summer of my life. I had major surgery late October and was in the hospital for a week. I was back gigging within 3 weeks of my release from the hospital.

I agree, you're duo will be busy with gigs. Most of my gigs now are for " She's Right I'm Left" the acoustic version of Maple Road. In my neck of the woods and at our level of the business it's allot more difficult to get bookings for a 4 piece rock and blues band. I'd say 80% of our 2022 gigs are acoustic. I'll be starting a thread on this growing niche, the acoustic duos and trios.

Please let us know how you're acoustic gigs go.

Blue

FB_IMG_1638840191873.jpg

• Like 1