Why become a member? ×

What Are You Up to This New Years Eve ?

Bluewine

If we don't get locked down, and nobody in the band catches Omicron or is pinged etc., we are gigging with Damo And The Dynamites  at a nice small pub in Buckinghamshire. There will be little space for the band and even less space for the PA and the sound engineer (me), so we'll try to simplify the setup as much as we can. 🤞

• Like 8

Planning to have a "living room gig" (i.e., me playing along songs on YT) - best of grunge - with my Spector Forte for my wife, my neighbours (well, they have to listen to it, if they want or not ; -) and the squirrel who lives in our attic 😉

It will be loud, very loud, time to use my 200w GK amp for a good cause 😁 

• Like 1

Biggest earner of the year cancelled, as most things are in Wales. A big shame, but probably for the best. The venue's a hotel on the edge of talyllyn lake, fireworks over the water at midnight. Lovely.  I hate nye. Gigs make it so much better. Suspect I'll see it in with jools H but have just got a pod go which is taking up more of my brain power than i expected. Hey ho believe me I'm very grateful to be in a warm covid free house this winter!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

If we don't get locked down, and nobody in the band catches Omicron or is pinged etc., we are gigging with Damo And The Dynamites  at a nice small pub in Buckinghamshire. There will be little space for the band and even less space for the PA and the sound engineer (me), so we'll try to simplify the setup as much as we can. 🤞

I hope they have enough room for the bass player.

We've played in small spaces and had to cut back on drums and PA gear.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Blue Jay.

Blue

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jus Lukin said:

I've been lucky this year- I'm playing in two bands, one after the other in the same venue.

That's cool. I also play in two bands. Same members, however one offering is a 3 to 4 piece acoustic band. The other is a 4 piece electric blues rock band " Maple Road ".

I've been really busy because the acoustic band is easier to book.

Blue

• Like 3