Why become a member? ×

Sold
£900
Manchester

AndyTravis

Bought as “unused since the day it was bought”.

Stands to reason its in 9.9/10 condition.

One tiny mark on the back - I didn’t spot it so it may have happened in my ownership.

I have swapped the bridge pickup for a Fender noiseless vintage model, when I surveyed others experiences of Aerodyne basses, the main comment was that the solo’ed bridge pickup was noisy.

I also don’t feel much towards the stock chrome strat type knobs, so got some Fender pure vintage jazz knobs.

All original parts will be in the deal - pickup was de-soldered at the pot, not just randomly hacked out…

Also on the way is a padded fender bag as it came with the original box and nothing else…

wearing brand new d’addario 45-100’s.

I will include the (still ok) fender strings.

Sounds warm, very clean.

Collection is preferred as I’d hate a courier to have a pop at something so “new”.

but shipping can be done at risk and cost. Sent a bass today £35 unsured in UK.

7DDCBFCC-3DB7-411F-917B-F0A10D45B9DD.thumb.jpeg.28255a2314e617fce7c664062c1be4d6.jpeg9F1FEF54-5CA9-41F3-B331-3807C1E4B63A.thumb.jpeg.84be03f2aef14fe448a3fef2640fd64c.jpeg

7CD527F0-D98B-4202-AE69-69032BA18D85.jpeg

71144291-CA1B-4E04-8446-A249E27BA302.jpeg

2A44F628-3F20-4D76-895A-358C9C1FAF4B.jpeg

2EFF3CA3-102C-484C-BBCE-26494E72B268.jpeg

241BFA34-C05F-412E-AA63-5CA5F9CA02BE.jpeg

Edited by AndyTravis
Gone to Swansea
  • Like 15
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Grahambythesea said:

Did you own this long enough to play it?

I play about an hour a day on days where I’m not recording/rehearsing.

Its been here for 3/4 weeks, so…yeah. It has been played.

not gigged or rehearsed as singer then guitarist have had covid.

10 minutes ago, andy67 said:

Geezo, your gas must be rancid lol 😂 

No, nothing stagnates here at least.

i look at something, I like the look of it, i buy it.

if it doesn’t work out, or I have to start throwing £100s to mod it and make it right - I move it on.

in this case, I have a few basses that do the same job. It’s lovely - so someone else may as well enjoy it.

It doesn’t have to make sense really, even though it does.

I’ll never understand people with rooms full of basses in cases, but - more power to them; if that’s their thing.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

If I don’t pick it up regularly or don’t choose it straight away - it gets sold. 

🤷🏻‍♂️😉

If you buy used and sell them on then why not- financially it's very little risk.

It's only painful, as I learnt over the past few years, if you buy a bass new and move it on; that's when it hurts.

• Like 2

Already covered it mate…

New years resolution, buy and sell gear as suits, don’t post on basschat…don’t face the same comments…

Its a bass forum - apparently “The number one website in Europe to buy and sell bass gear…”  - but don’t actually use it for that…obviously 🙄😂

Happy Christmas 😉

Just now, Bridgehouse said:

I’m surprised this thread isn’t in the classif…

oh, right.. yeah. 

😃

2 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

No, nothing stagnates here at least.

i look at something, I like the look of it, i buy it.

if it doesn’t work out, or I have to start throwing £100s to mod it and make it right - I move it on.

in this case, I have a few basses that do the same job. It’s lovely - so someone else may as well enjoy it.

It doesn’t have to make sense really, even though it does.

I’ll never understand people with rooms full of basses in cases, but - more power to them; if that’s their thing.

1 hour ago, AndyTravis said:

If I don’t pick it up regularly or don’t choose it straight away - it gets sold. 

🤷🏻‍♂️😉

1 hour ago, PatrickJ said:

If you buy used and sell them on then why not- financially it's very little risk.

It's only painful, as I learnt over the past few years, if you buy a bass new and move it on; that's when it hurts.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Already covered it mate…

New years resolution, buy and sell gear as suits, don’t post on basschat…don’t face the same comments…

Its a bass forum - apparently “The number one website in Europe to buy and sell bass gear…”  - but don’t actually use it for that…obviously 🙄😂

Happy Christmas 😉

Oh don’t stop posting mate ffs! All I would say is:

- It’s your stuff, you can do what you like with it

- It’s never ever wrong to sell something you aren’t using

- People like me are just joking - I love the fact you try stuff out and move it on if you don’t like it or play it

- Some people are (apparently) serious in their comments. Ignore them.

Edited by Bridgehouse

2 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

Oh don’t stop posting mate ffs! All I would say is:

- It’s your stuff, you can do what you like with it

- It’s never ever wrong to sell something you aren’t using

- People like me are just joking - I love the fact you try stuff out and move it on if you don’t like it or play it

- Some people are (apparently) serious in their comments. Ignore them.

It’s just wearing a bit thin now - to be honest, if the gear in/out posts are anything to go by I’m actually not that bad…or no more prolific a buyer/seller than others on the page.

thing is, there are people using this site only to sell stuff - they literally contribute sweet FA other than selling stuff they’ve sniped on eBay or bought off some granny on Facebook.

I’m not naming and shaming or getting into that political nonsense - I’ve seen plenty of it in 12 years on the site and known good folk get rattled about over it and blatant folk seem to get away with it.

I’m a bloke who earns money, but also has 4 kids - I can play, I do play, but I can’t spunk a grand on a bass and see if it works out - it has to work pretty much straight away; it has to serve a purpose.

Give it another 10 years and I might have more disposable income.

interestingly - in 25 years of playing, I’m only on my 5th or 6th amp set up - but I know people have 10 amps, multiple rigs in a room.

this isn’t aimed at you at all - it is in response though to the “jokes” and “more serious japes”.

I’m not a precious character, but to be fair - if every other post is a pisstake…I don’t really get what I’ve done?

Again - not aimed at you.

wholeheartedly, without banter - Happy Christmas @Bridgehouse

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Its a bass forum - apparently “The number one website in Europe to buy and sell bass gear…”  - but don’t actually use it for that…obviously 

Happy Christmas 😉

@ped really should rebrand BC as BassGearChat 🤣 

Let's not derail Andy's FS thread though - this bass is genuinely up for sale and it would probably be more helpful for comments to relate to questions about the Bass rather than good humour about the OP's gear throughput ✌️ (which was less than mine this year 😱)

Edited by PatrickJ
  • Like 1