Why become a member? ×

Right on! Straps

Boodang

Yeah I've been looking at Right-On for a little while. While I'm not strictly vegan, i increasingly feel weird about leather straps, although I appreciate that my current ones are reconstituted leather. I suspect that as and when they wear out, I'll be going down the Right-On route.

How do you find the width on yours @Boodang? I think they're about an inch narrower than my current ones, and that gives me a mild pause for thought.

Cheers

Si

1 hour ago, Sibob said:

Yeah I've been looking at Right-On for a little while. While I'm not strictly vegan, i increasingly feel weird about leather straps, although I appreciate that my current ones are reconstituted leather. I suspect that as and when they wear out, I'll be going down the Right-On route.

How do you find the width on yours @Boodang? I think they're about an inch narrower than my current ones, and that gives me a mild pause for thought.

Cheers

Si

No issues with the width at all. I have a strap which SBL did which is wider, in comparison the right on strap is just as comfy but maybe more so as being slightly narrower I'm finding it less stiff and easier to get into a comfortable position. Grips well and I like the way the length adjustment is done, very neat. It seems very well made, all round a quality strap.

• Like 1

Must have not been concentrating the other afternoon when an advert for one of these popped up an Facebook and I'd pulled the trigger before I knew about it: https://www.cablefreeguitar.com/products/lekato-strap-for-bass-electric-guitar-with-3-5-wide-neoprene-pad-3d-sponge-filling-decompression

Has all the required requisites I usually look for: width; adjustability etc., but does look alarmingly similar to this one off Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultimate-Guitar-Strap-Pack-Comfortable/dp/B07D38HYP2/ref=asc_df_B07D38HYP2/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310853155332&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6143358123542197301&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007072&hvtargid=pla-562896271134&psc=1

And despite the price being in dollars it is - predictably - winging its way from China.

1 hour ago, Bass Culture said:

Must have not been concentrating the other afternoon when an advert for one of these popped up an Facebook and I'd pulled the trigger before I knew about it: https://www.cablefreeguitar.com/products/lekato-strap-for-bass-electric-guitar-with-3-5-wide-neoprene-pad-3d-sponge-filling-decompression

Has all the required requisites I usually look for: width; adjustability etc., but does look alarmingly similar to this one off Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultimate-Guitar-Strap-Pack-Comfortable/dp/B07D38HYP2/ref=asc_df_B07D38HYP2/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310853155332&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6143358123542197301&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007072&hvtargid=pla-562896271134&psc=1

And despite the price being in dollars it is - predictably - winging its way from China.

I like the 'zero-gravity' name! And it has 3D sponge! Does look like it could comfy tho.

One thing I did like about the right on strap, is that it's made in Spain which makes a change from all the made in China stuff.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sibob said:

I switched out my Mono straps recently to a couple of Richter Springbreaks which are quite a bit narrower (2.75”) but are actually much more comfy. The leather is really soft and the padding is good but I think the narrower width just sits better on my shoulder. I tried a wider one but it didn’t work as well for me. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Bass Culture said:

I've got the vegan/non-leather Right-On strap.  Anyone else have an issue with this being very 'sticky' when you try and adjust the length?  I'm an inveterate strap adjuster (sometimes in mid-rehearsal) so do like a strap that's easy to adjust.

Afraid I can't comment on the vegan strap. The leather one seems fine but then I'm not an inveterate strap adjuster.... in fact I've adjusted it the once when I got it and I'll probably never adjust it again!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bass Culture said:

I've got the vegan/non-leather Right-On strap.  Anyone else have an issue with this being very 'sticky' when you try and adjust the length?  I'm an inveterate strap adjuster (sometimes in mid-rehearsal) so do like a strap that's easy to adjust.

Never noticed an issue, but then as previously, I pretty well never adjust a strap once i have it how I like. Plus as it needs a screwdriver to adjust, that is probably just as well!